Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Sanjay_Kamath

Is there a way to filter variables such as a_0[1] , Martin?

Hi,
During the simulation of Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.Pendulum, I was trying to filter out some of the variables using the Simulation GUI>Output>Variable Filter option.

When I try to filter out the variable body.a_0[1], the filtering fails.

In fact even searching for the same variable in the Variable browser fails to show the variable.

Please guide on how to use variable filtering for such kind of variables

Hello,

Is there a way in Modelica to input a parameter as a funtion of another parameter? i.e. not with respect to time?
For example, A function of Force with respect to Displacement?

Thanks for the information, Willi. That was really helpful.

I have a follow up question though.

When solving few examples I've noticed this error popping up in the compilation tab of the simulation window.

Modelica.Blocks.Examples.PID_Controller_05evt.c: In function 'Modelica_Blocks_Examples_PID_Controller_zeroCrossingDescription':
Modelica.Blocks.Examples.PID_Controller_05evt.c:59: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type

Can I get more information on what this is?

Hello,

I have noticed that when solving models, I will be getting "error test failures" in the solver log stats.

LOG_STATS        | info     | solver: DASSL
|        | |     | |   208 steps taken
|        | |     | |   295 calls of functionODE
|        | |     | |   102 evaluations of jacobian
|        | |     | |     7 error test failures
|        | |     | |     0 convergence test failures

Although when I look at the results, they seem fine. Does having error test failures mean that the simulation is unsuccessful? Or does this have any other significance?

Hi, When inserting a bitmap image onto a model, I am unable to uncheck the "Store Image in model" option. Is this as intended or is it a bug?

I am using OpenModelica 1.9.1 Beta2 (r19512) (RML version) on a Windows 7 64-bit system

Can i know why the model was giving that the system was an overdetermined one?

I set fixed = false for the above problem. In this case, I dont get any warnings and the plot shows me T = 350degC. But the Variables browser shows T = 288.15 degC

Hi,
Please see the follwing model

Code:

model Test

import SI = Modelica.SIunits;
  parameter SI.Temperature T;
initial equation
    T = (300+400)/2;
end Test;

When I simulate this, I get the following warnings

Code:

[:0:0-0:0] Warning: No system for the symbolic initialization was generated. A method using numerical algorithms will be used instead.
[:0:0-0:0] Warning: It was not possible to solve the over-determined initial system (2 equations and 1 variables)
[:0:0-0:0] Warning: System is over-determined in Equations 1: T = 350.0;
2: T = 288.15;

[:0:0-0:0] Warning: Trying to fix over-determined initial system with 1 variables and 2 equations... [not implemented yet!]
[:3:3-3:29] Warning: Parameter T has no value, and is fixed during initialization (fixed=true), using available start value (start=288.15) as default value.

Firstly, I dont understand why it tells me that there are 2 equations and 1 variable. When instantiating it says that there are 0 equations and 0 variables which is correct.

Secondly, By default, all parameters will have fixed = false by default.  Why is OMEdit taking fixed = true?

Is this a new implementation? Because I dont remember seeing this until I installed the Beta2 version

Just to point out, these dont affect the simulation in any way

Hi, I recently downloaded the OpenModelica 1.9.1 Beta2 (r19512) (RML version).  I've seen in quite some places the Modelica scripts show dot/periods in the code.

Sample Code snippet from Modelica.Blocks.Continuous.LimPID:

Code:

parameter .Modelica.Blocks.Types.SimpleController controllerType = .Modelica.Blocks.Types.SimpleController.PID "Type of controller";
  parameter SIunits.Time Ti(min = Modelica.Constants.small) = 0.5 "Time constant of Integrator block" annotation(Dialog(enable = controllerType == .Modelica.Blocks.Types.SimpleController.PI or controllerType == .Modelica.Blocks.Types.SimpleController.PID));
  parameter SIunits.Time Td(min = 0) = 0.1 "Time constant of Derivative block" annotation(Dialog(enable = controllerType == .Modelica.Blocks.Types.SimpleController.PD or controllerType == .Modelica.Blocks.Types.SimpleController.PID));

Notice the .'s before the word Modelica?

Is this a bug or has there been any changes related to this in the latest Modelica version?

Check out Appendix E in the Modelica specification 3.3. A detailed information has been presented there

I have a follow up question.

The examples in ThermoSysPro.Examples.CombinedCyclePowerPlant when simulated say they are under-determined. Any idea as to how to make the system a determined one?

Hi,
When trying to simulate examples from the ThermoSysPro library, there are a lot of warnings getting displayed.

One of the warnings is,

[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ThermoSysPro 3.0\Properties\WaterSteam\IF97_packages.mo:801:9-801:27] Warning: cv was used before it was defined (given a value). Additional such uses may exist for the variable, but some messages were suppressed.

Why does this happen?

My Second query is when i simulate ThermoSysPro.Examples.SimpleExamples.TestTank, the simulation proceeds till some % and gets stuck there. The simulation output window shows the following

stdout        | info     | Chattering detected around time 90.2576262007..90.457032454 (100 state events in a row with a total time delta less than the step size 2). This can be a performance bottleneck. Use -lv LOG_EVENTS for more information. The zero-crossing was: PerteDP1.Q > 0.0 Debug more

What is chattering? Can I have some iformation as to why this happens?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay

Hi Felicia,

It would be helpful if you give all the models as they all are interdependent. I cannot instantiate the turbine model that you have given. It cannot find "Gemco.Water.StandardWater", water.FlangeA, water.FlangeB. If these are already in some Modelica Library, please do tell where they are located.

As for the Instantiate Model issue, Instantiate does not solve the model. It merely gets all the equations, variables etc from everything that you have included in your Turbine model and shows it together.

Regards,
Sanjay

Hi,

Is there any way that I can know the number of linear and non linear equations in a model that is to be simulated in OpenModelica? Is there an OMC flag available for it?

That is what happens when I drag and drop the ground model. I can see

Code:

inner Ground ground;

in the Modelica text view added automatically. But the issue still exists

Hi Adrian,

I'm sorry I did not follow you. What do you mean by a top model? Is the DCMotor model my top model? I can see that the "inner Ground ground" has been added to my DCMotor model.

Hi,

I wanted to recreate the DCMotor model available in OMNotebook with one small change. I want to make the ground model similar to the Multibody.World model. i.e. it should be enough only if i drag and drop a ground component into the view. No need of connecting it.

For this, I made the ground component as an inner model by changing it in the annotation. 

Code:

model Ground

Interfaces.Pin_a p ;
equation
  p.v = 0;
  annotation(defaultComponentName = "ground", defaultComponentPrefixes = "inner");
end Ground;

Then I gave a reference to this ground model in the voltage, emf, resistor and inductor components by

Code:

outer Ground ground;

But when i try to simulate the model, I get an error stating that Circular Equalities are detected. (This error comes in the normal DCMotor model when there is no ground component present.)

Can someone please tell me where I went wrong?

Regards,
Sanjay

Hi,
Have  a look at this basic model on string handling.

Code:

model stringModel

String a = String(true);
  String b = String(2.0);
  // = "2.0"
  String c = String(123, minimumLength = 6, leftJustified = false);
  // = "   123"
end stringModel;

When i simulate this, the outputs are not shown in OpenModelica. Is there any way to get them?

Thanks. Works like a charm.

Hi,
I created a simple model in which i have a cylindrical tank open at one end. (I know the tank volume) The flow rate is the parameter. My model is such that it terminates when tank volume = flow rate * time. (I used the terminate() condition).  Is there any way to store this termination time in a variable?

Apr-22-14 12:28:49
Category: Programming

Thanks current/smile

Apr-22-14 12:12:07

thanks for the info.

But i found this error only when i gave

Code:

oProd = outerProduct(v1, v2);

It didnt come when i used

Code:

oProd = outerProduct({2,1},{3,2});

Why so?

Apr-21-14 11:39:42

Can you tell me what caused this error?

Thanks for the information. It makes a lot of sense now that you gave this example. I was of the impression that startTime should always be zero until i put a negative value by mistake.

Hi,

I noticed that OMEdit accepts negative start times. Why is this allowed? Shouldn't the minimum startime be zero?

Regards,
Sanjay

Apr-15-14 13:10:43

Hi. I was trying out the different Modelica array constructs and found this shown then i tried to simulate.

Code:

"[<interactive>:8:3-8:31:writable] Error: Got type mismatch error, but matching types Real[2, 2].

This is a ***COMPILER BUG***, please report it to https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica.
Error: Error occurred while flattening model ArrayFunctions5
"

Here is the model which led to the error.

Code:

model ArrayFunctions5 "Matrix and Vector Algebra Functions"

Real[2,2] A = [1,2;3,4];
  Real[2,2] AT;
  Real[2] v1 = {2,1},v2 = {3,2};
  Real[2,2] oProd;
equation
  AT = transpose(A);
  oProd = outerProduct(v1, v2);
end ArrayFunctions5;

Is this issue known or should i report it to the trac?

Apr-07-14 11:33:38
Using OMEdit or other

By the way I'm using this version of OpenModelica

OpenModelica 1.9.1+dev (r18667) (RML version)

Try this version and check if it helps..

Apr-07-14 07:15:38
Using OMEdit or other

You might have done all this. But this is what i did to enable visualisation in my system(Windows 7 64bit).

1.Install OpenModelica.

Make sure the version has the omlibrary-modelica3d folder present in the lib folder in the installation directory

2.Install python 2.7.3(32-bit).

Make sure that the python27 directory is added to the Path System Variable in Environment Variables.

3.Install pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7(32-bit)

For some reason visualisation didnt work for me with the 64 bit version of python and pygtk

Open Command Prompt. Change the working directory to the place where the file  dbus-server.py exists in the OpenModelica installation directory.
(By default the location is C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary-modelica3d\osg-gtk)

Run the dbus-server.py using python in the command prompt.                    

Code:

python dbus-server.py

The command prompt will show the following message -

Running dbus-server...

Then use the script i gave you earlier to simulate the examples in the OpenModelica library

Apr-04-14 17:34:51
Using OMEdit or other

I'm afraid i haven't encountered this error. Did you have the dbus-server running in your system before you entered the script in OMShell??

Also you do have python and pyGTK installed in your system?

Apr-04-14 16:06:39
Using OMEdit or other

I had the same issue a few months back. Refer this link for more information

https://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/ … 95&p=3

Apr-04-14 16:03:35
Using OMEdit or other

Use the following script for running the simulations. The issue with yours was the missing m3d_control statement

loadModelica3D();
loadString("model visualizemodel
  extends Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum;
  inner ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller m3d_control;
end visualizemodel;"); getErrorString();
simulate(visualizemodel, startTime=0.0,stopTime=10.0);

Just change the path in the extends line to whichever example you want to run

Is there any alternative for this ?

Hi,

Have a look at this following model.

model test
  Real X;
equation
  X = atan(1 / (1 - time));
end test;

I want to get the value of X over a period of time. But as soon as time becomes 1, I get the division by zero error and the simulation fails. Shouldn't atan() be able to valuate any real number? Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks,

Sanjay

Yes. You got my question correctly. Thanks for the reply.

Correct SKD, I can plot x(y) using parametric plot. I think you may not have got my question.

In the beginning I had the deflection,y as a function of x. i.e. y=f(x). In this case, I could get the deflection for only a specific x value. I wanted to iterate this over the length,L of the beam i.e from x = 0 to x = L. For this you suggested to put x = time and to make the simulation end time as the beam length.

What i want is, to get the same result without using the time variable and without needing to override simulation End Time as the beam length. Is this possible?

Thanks for the fast reply. One more question. Will changing the tolerance values affect the value of the results obtained?

Hi,
What is the significance of  Tolerance in Simulation settings?

Regards,
Sanjay

Thanks, SKD. That's a brilliant idea.

But is there any way where I can do this without introducing x = time?  Also in the solution you gave, is there a way I can set the length of the beam as the simulation End time? Giving stopTime = L gives me a warning telling its an 'Unknown experiment annotation'

Regards,
Sanjay

Hi.

I have created a simple cantilever beam model which gives me the deflection at a certain point along the beam. I basically have the deflection equation

y = P/(6*E* I)*(-a^3+3*L^2*a-2*L^3)
where y is the deflection (y is a variable of type Real ).

and I input the parameters to it and tell which point I need the deflection. I was wondering if I can iterate this over the entire length of the beam and and store all the deflections in a variable so that when plotting this variable, I can visually get the deflections over the entire length of the beam. Is this possible? What kind of variable should y be in this case?

Thanks in Advance,
Sanjay

Hi,
I need a small clarification.
When any simulation is done, the variables browser will have a variable called time. This the simulation stop time and this will always have a y=x curve as its plot. Am I right?

Thanks and regards,
Sanjay

Its not that, Daniel. Setting r_0 as {0,0.6,0} using the initialization tab sets it as r_0 = {0,0.6,0}, and not as r_0(start = {0,0.6,0}) . This can be seen  in the text view.

Hi,

This may seem a petty issue but it is important for my understanding. Any help would be useful

Hi. In the Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Rotational3DEffects.GearConstraint model, input to the torque element is given by one sine wave for which the frequency is input as a vector. Isn't this wrong?

Also in the connect equation for the sine wave and the torque model is

connect(sine.y,torque1.torque)

whereas when we manually connect sine wave and a torque model, it asks for an index and the connect equation will be
connect(sine.y,torque1.torque[x]), x being either 1,2 or 3.

Can anyone explain why this ambiguity exists?

Hi,
     In the model Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.PointGravity in OMEdit, the body components have some intial conditions for the parameters r_0 and v_0. In the modelica text view, I can see them as r_0(start = {0,0.6,0}, each fixed = true), v_0(start = {1,0,0}, each fixed = true). I can input these in a model (which I created) by going to the text view and by simply typing it. But how do I do the same using the Parameter dialogs in OMEdit?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay

Were you able to see the difference in those 4 plots? Also I have noticed that the variable values do not get displayed in the variables browser for CSV and PLT formats. Why is it so?

Hi,

The variables that I plotted were boxBody1.frame_b.r_0[1], boxBody1.frame_b.r_0[2], boxBody2.frame_b.r_0[1] and boxBody2.frame_b.r_0[2]

Hi,
I was solving the DoublePendulum example in the Standard Library available in OpenModelica and found out that the results obtained by using the MAT output format is different from that obtained using CSV format. Why does this happen? Ideally the results obtained irrespective of the format should be same. Right? Is this a defect or its supposed to behave like this?

P.S. I havent changed any other parameters in the model. The difference is only with the output formats

Regards,
Sanjay

Feb-19-14 14:38:54
entry of fluid medium by using redeclare package

Thanks for the speedy reply, Sjoelund. I will do as you suggested.

Thanks and regards,
Sanjay

Feb-19-14 13:49:31
entry of fluid medium by using redeclare package

Hi,
I was trying to recreate the Modelica.Fluid.Examples.Tanks.EmptyTanks example and found a problem. I copied all the parameters as it is from the EmptyTanks example into my recreated model. When I simulated it, I got errors telling 'Error occurred during model' and 'Illegal to instantiate partial class BaseProperties'. I went on to the Modelica Text View to compare if I had made any mistake. I found the following part missing in my models

redeclare package Medium = Modelica.Media.Water.ConstantPropertyLiquidWater

Looking at it, I can understand that its for defining the Fluid medium is water.

I could not find this entry in the Parameters dialog, although it is visible in the Text View.

It would be good to have an option available to input the fluid medium in the same Dialog. Isnt it?

Thanks and Regards,
Sanjay

Hello,
Is the Interactive Simulation Perspective available in OpenModelica or is it still under development? If It is available, How Do I enable it?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay_Kamath

Jan-20-14 07:51:04
Need Help on how to create mechanical systems

Thanks.

Jan-17-14 16:07:26

No. I dont create a package as such. I open OMEdit, File>NewModelicaClass, Give a Name, Specialization-Model and start off

I save these .mo files in my local directories (say D:\Temp\sample.mo). How do i access these?

Jan-17-14 15:47:33

How do i find this path?

Jan-17-14 15:24:32

One last question.

For the existing examples, I can give the path through the modelica library. i.e. Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum etc etc in the extends line.

What shall i give for the models that I create?

Jan-17-14 15:12:19

Where can I find the updated Users Guide? I dont want to download the entire nightly build again, do I?

Jan-17-14 15:09:55

I keep getting this warning most of the times.

Warning: The initial conditions are not fully specified. Use +d=initialization for more information.

What is this?

To visualize other multibody examples, I have to change only the last part in the extends line, right?

Jan-17-14 14:57:00

Thanks a ton.. Visualization is working now current/smile

Jan-17-14 14:43:20

I installed the 32bit versions. Finally.. dbus server ran successfully. But now there's a new problem

I opened OMShell, typed
loadModelica3D()

It returned:
true

I typed

simulate(Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum,stopTime=30)

It gave me

record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "",
    simulationOptions = "startTime = 0.0, stopTime = 30.0, numberOfIntervals = 500, tolerance = 1e-006, method = 'dassl', fileNamePrefix = 'Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum', options = '', outputFormat = 'mat', variableFilter = '.*', measureTime = false, cflags = '', simflags = ''",
    messages = "Simulation execution failed for model: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum
",
    timeFrontend = 2.29278456477762,
    timeBackend = 0.9708275990830332,
    timeSimCode = 0.5450928611711536,
    timeTemplates = 1.209451456002341,
    timeCompile = 12.70178292678702
end SimulationResult;
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.x_label.cylinders[1].m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
  The existing 'inner' components are:
    There are no 'inner' components defined in the model in any of the parent scopes of 'outer' component's scope: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Visualizers.Advanced.Shape.
  Check if you have not misspelled the 'outer' component name.
  Please declare an 'inner' component with the same name in the top scope.
  Continuing flattening by only considering the 'outer' component declaration.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.x_label.cylinders[2].m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
    There are no 'inner' components defined in the model in any of the parent scopes of 'outer' component's scope: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Visualizers.Advanced.Shape.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.y_label.cylinders[1].m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.y_label.cylinders[2].m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.z_label.cylinders[1].m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.z_label.cylinders[2].m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.z_label.cylinders[3].m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.x_arrowLine.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.x_arrowHead.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.y_arrowLine.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.y_arrowHead.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.z_arrowLine.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.z_arrowHead.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.gravityArrowLine.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller world.gravityArrowHead.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller revolute1.cylinder.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
    .Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.World world; defined in scope: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum. Referenced by 'outer' components: {revolute1.world}
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller boxBody1.frameTranslation.shape.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
    .Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.World world; defined in scope: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum. Referenced by 'outer' components: {boxBody1.frameTranslation.world, boxBody1.world, revolute1.world}
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller revolute2.cylinder.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
    .Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.World world; defined in scope: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum. Referenced by 'outer' components: {revolute2.world, boxBody1.body.world, boxBody1.frameTranslation.world, boxBody1.world, revolute1.world}
[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ModelicaServices 3.2.1 modelica3d\Modelica3D\package.mo:507:5-507:33:writable] Warning: No corresponding 'inner' declaration found for component .ModelicaServices.Modelica3D.Controller boxBody2.frameTranslation.shape.m3d_control declared as 'outer '.
    .Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.World world; defined in scope: Modelica.Mechanics.MultiBody.Examples.Elementary.DoublePendulum. Referenced by 'outer' components: {boxBody2.frameTranslation.world, boxBody2.world, revolute2.world, boxBody1.body.world, boxBody1.frameTranslation.world, boxBody1.world, revolute1.world}
Warning: The initial conditions are not fully specified. Use +d=initialization for more information.

Jan-17-14 14:20:44

It is set to C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\

Is that right?

Jan-17-14 14:13:52

I've installed in the default directory. This is what i get in the command prompt now.

C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary-modelica3d\osg-gtk>python dbus-server.
py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dbus-server.py", line 9, in <module>
    omhome = os.environ['OPENMODELICAHOME']
  File "C:\Python27\lib\os.py", line 423, in __getitem__
    return self.data[key.upper()]
KeyError: 'OPENMODELICAHOME'

Jan-17-14 14:10:35

Did that.. Still the same error. I'm reinstalling OpenModelica in the default directory. I'll check it out again and let you know.

Am I using  the correct versions of the following softwares?

I'm using python 2.7.3 64 bit.

I couldnt find the 64 bit version of  pygtk-all-in-one-2.24.2.win32-py2.7.msi. So I'm using gtk+-bundle_2.22.1-20101229_win64

Jan-17-14 13:52:01

I have OpenModelica installed in D:\
So i enter the command prompt and type
python "D:\\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\\lib\\omlibrary-modelica3d\\osg-gtk\\dbus-server.py"

Even if i do
cd D:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary-modelica3d\osg-gtk6
and then type
python dbus-server.py

still gives me the same error

Jan-17-14 12:49:44

so copy the libm3d-osg-gtk.dll to every folder in the python directory?

Jan-17-14 12:43:44

You mean copy the libm3d-osg-gtk.dll to each and every folder in the openmodelica installation directory right?

Jan-17-14 11:17:38

Hi,
I've installed python and pyGtk as per the instructions in the user guide. Now, when i run the dbus-server.py, I get the following error in the command prompt.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\\lib\\omlibrary-modelica3d\\osg-gtk\\dbus-s
erver.py", line 17, in <module>
    viewer = CDLL("libm3d-osg-gtk.dll")  # GTK/OSG backend
  File "C:\Python27\lib\ctypes\__init__.py", line 365, in __init__
    self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
WindowsError: [Error 126] The specified module could not be found

What is the solution for this?

Jan-17-14 07:43:24

Thanks adeas.

I'll download the latest version and check it out.

Wbraun had given a link for finding instructions on the visualization part which had a link to the Modelica3d Wiki page
(https://mlcontrol.uebb.tu-berlin.de/red … lic/wiki).
This page had a few video clips on Modelica3Dehich now have been removed and do not exist anymore. Any idea if those exist on some other page or website?

Thanks and Regards,
Sanjay_Kamath

Jan-16-14 09:11:06

Hi,

Thanks for suggesting the tutorial. I have already gone through it and it does not give a proper idea on how to create systems. What I mean to say is it tells how to create 2-3 systems. I need to understand how to create systems in a generic way.

About the animations part. I did not understand what the link said. (I work on a windows system). I have installed OpenModelica 1.9.1+dev (r18473) (RML version). A nightly build. It has only Connection editor, Notebook, Optimization Editor and the shell. Is that all that is required or should i install anything else as well?

Also, I could not find the dbus-server.py file. Where is it located. And what do you mean by a session?

Jan-14-14 08:40:31

Hello,

I am new to the Modelica Language and I recently started using OpenModelica (I'm using the OpenModelica 1.9.1+dev (r18473) (RML version)). I have gone through the examples present in the OpMod Connection Editor. I am having a difficult time in understanding how the systems are created (apart from the Pendulum problems). I have tried searching in the web for help but wasnt able to find any. The ones I found were mostly related on the coding part. Is there any documentation available on how to create systems, i.e the basics of creating systems/applying parameters/connecting the elements?

Also, can anyone tell me how to see the animations in the same version?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Sanjay_Kamath
You are here: