Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Warnings when simulating examples from ThermoSysPro Library

Warnings when simulating examples from ThermoSysPro Library

Hi,
When trying to simulate examples from the ThermoSysPro library, there are a lot of warnings getting displayed.

One of the warnings is,

[C:\OpenModelica1.9.1Nightly\lib\omlibrary\ThermoSysPro 3.0\Properties\WaterSteam\IF97_packages.mo:801:9-801:27] Warning: cv was used before it was defined (given a value). Additional such uses may exist for the variable, but some messages were suppressed.

Why does this happen?

My Second query is when i simulate ThermoSysPro.Examples.SimpleExamples.TestTank, the simulation proceeds till some % and gets stuck there. The simulation output window shows the following

stdout        | info     | Chattering detected around time 90.2576262007..90.457032454 (100 state events in a row with a total time delta less than the step size 2). This can be a performance bottleneck. Use -lv LOG_EVENTS for more information. The zero-crossing was: PerteDP1.Q > 0.0 Debug more

What is chattering? Can I have some iformation as to why this happens?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjay

Re: Warnings when simulating examples from ThermoSysPro Library

The warning in functions is because some variables in those functions are not defined properly (there is no default=0 in Modelica). As such, some inputs of those functions give undefined results. The functions in question were copy-pasted from an earlier MSL version. Current MSL fixed all those warnings.

Chattering is a state event switching rapidly. Like
model M
  Real r(start=1,fixed=true);
equation
  der(r) = if r>0 then -1 else 1;
end M;
It is pretty much impossible to get numerical accuracy for that model...

Thanks current/smile

I have a follow up question.

The examples in ThermoSysPro.Examples.CombinedCyclePowerPlant when simulated say they are under-determined. Any idea as to how to make the system a determined one?

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: