Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Fluid medium entry when using Fluid Library

Fluid medium entry when using Fluid Library

Hi,
I was trying to recreate the Modelica.Fluid.Examples.Tanks.EmptyTanks example and found a problem. I copied all the parameters as it is from the EmptyTanks example into my recreated model. When I simulated it, I got errors telling 'Error occurred during model' and 'Illegal to instantiate partial class BaseProperties'. I went on to the Modelica Text View to compare if I had made any mistake. I found the following part missing in my models

redeclare package Medium = Modelica.Media.Water.ConstantPropertyLiquidWater

Looking at it, I can understand that its for defining the Fluid medium is water.

I could not find this entry in the Parameters dialog, although it is visible in the Text View.

It would be good to have an option available to input the fluid medium in the same Dialog. Isnt it?

Thanks and Regards,
Sanjay

Re: Fluid medium entry when using Fluid Library

You can add your email as CC to https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/2079 or just spam the ticket so Adeel realizes people really, really want it current/wink

Thanks for the speedy reply, Sjoelund. I will do as you suggested.

Thanks and regards,
Sanjay

Hey,

I have the same problem with my model. Did you manage to fix it ?
If so it would be great if you can tell me how you did it!

Thanks in advance

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: