Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users

Hi.
I found some error while simulation of "Empty tank system" that i made ,given the same parameters and same values to each parameters same as with those given in the "Fluid library" -> Empty tank model exercise. The error i found  are " flattening of the model" and " Type mismatch number of equations and varibles" and" Forcing full instantiation of partial class Base properties tank2 medium during check model". Is there any way to overcome these error,  because i found these flattening error in many of the cases. But, i don't know how to play with it. Can anyone suggest me any curable solution for the same, that would be great help of you?
Here , alongwith this i attach a screen shot of the empty tank model . please find it.
Anticipating for your positive reply.
Thanks.
Best Regards,
Jitesh kadivar
https://openmodelica.org/images/agorapro/attachments/4566/mini_empty-tank-model.PNG

Sorry, i don't know how to post model here. but , i have attached screenshot of the model over here. so, please find the attached screenshot and help me out of this error. because, i saw this error in so many examples. And all those my model xamples retain as it is without solving this error.
thanks .
Best regards,
jitesh.

Hi,
Thanks for giving me a lots of answer before this.
Once again i would like to ask a one simple question to u that during simulation of heating system , i came across error regarding "FLATTENING OF MODEL''.What this error actually mean to say.I have drawn heating system model same as given in the fluid example. Also, i gave the same parameters as given in the example with the same value. Still how, i founded error like flattening of model.i don't know what is error is. I have also founded same error with pumping system also.Can anyone help me to out of this?
Hope for positive reply.
Thanks in advance.
Best ragards,
jitesh

Hi,
I am using 1.9.3+dev version of open modelica. Is it latest one or not?
Because where i am getting some trouble to make the model og simple pendulum. In user guide, example of pendulum uses actuated revoluted joint and within my version of modelica , there is no such type of joint is available. so to make exactly same model what can i do? Is there any substitution is possible which works exactly same as actuated revolute joint?And within multibody->example-> simple pendulum directory, it shows using simple revolute joint, so i would like to ask is which one is correct out of both?And example shows simulation results without giving initialization to any component of pendulum.Is it really possible? please give me some general idea how to draw simple pendulum without involving damping and revolute joint , because in actual existance only mass and string is enough to make pendulum. so, please try to give  light on it.
Hope for positive reply.
Best regards,
Jitesh

HI,
How to draw the subcomponent of simple pendulum in modelica? can we set the required initial condition within sub component as per our wish?
following is my program for simple pendulum and i want to generate the physical model of simple pendulum having only parameters length of string and gravitational constant and with initial condition that was given in the programme. how can i draw the model?
looking forward for your response.
Best regards,
JItesh
model pandulum
  parameter Real l = 1 "length of string";
  constant Real g = 9.81;
  Real theta(start = 1, fixed = true) "angular displacement in radian";
  Real theta_dot(start = 0, fixed = true) " absolute angular velocity in rad/sec";
equation
  theta_dot = der(theta);
  der(theta_dot) = (-g / l) * theta;
end pandulum;

Hi,
the program for simple pendulum is only consist of gravitational acceleration (g) and length of the string (l). But , my question is that how can i draw the physical model of simple pendulum having only string and mass component, because whatever showing in the example of simple pendulum within multibody> example>pendulum is having revolute joint and damper component and body mass (not point mass). and i want to consider mass as point mass rather than body mass. so, how can i draw the model having string, point mass, and give the exact simulation result with the program , and how to give initial condition to that model,because in example model , simulation occured without giving initial condition to body mass. how is it possible?i have tried a lot ,but i am not able to find the solution for it.Can you please help  me out?
Hope for positive reply.
kindly regards,
JItesh kadivar 

Hi,
Can you help me to out my problem like" How to write .mos command and where can i write it, and how can i simulate .mos command ?" In short, give me the whole discription of .mos command and related documentation.
My second question is " what are the use of .mat and .plt file output format and how can i open it and in which other software?"
Hope with positive reply.
Best regards,
Jitesh.

Hi,
I got my answer partially for my previous question that was" HOW TO GENERATE GRAPHICAL INFORMATION OF PLOT INTO DiGITAL (NUMERICAL) VALUE?".Now again my question is how to open .csv file of modelica in Excel? because the problem that i am facing is if i try to open the .csv file  in excel , it open but it shows only the "TEXT VIEW"  (like annotation and co-ordination of components and connect statements) of my model that i drawn in open modelica. but it does not show the digitization of my graph of output variables.That i am not able to see it.I want to see my graph value at each and every instance of time in excel sheet. is it possible?
and second question is "where my  model_name_res.csv file is generated and stored? and how can i open it in excel?"
looking forward for your response.
thank you in advance.
Best regards,
JItesh kadivar

After simulation of any model, we get the plotting prspective within it we can see the output parameters as "GRAPHICAL FORM[/b]".I want to see that graphical representation into digital representation , i mean i  want to be able to see the value of output parameters at different time instances like time t=0,0.2,0.3,0.4,1,2,3,4,5.Is it possible to get numerical value at all the different time instances?
Look forward for your response.
Best regards,
jitesh kadivar

• Index
  • » Users
You are here: