Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

HOW TO DRAW PHYSICAL MODEL OF SIMPLE PENDULUM WITHOUT DAMPING?

HOW TO DRAW PHYSICAL MODEL OF SIMPLE PENDULUM WITHOUT DAMPING?

Hi,
the program for simple pendulum is only consist of gravitational acceleration (g) and length of the string (l). But , my question is that how can i draw the physical model of simple pendulum having only string and mass component, because whatever showing in the example of simple pendulum within multibody> example>pendulum is having revolute joint and damper component and body mass (not point mass). and i want to consider mass as point mass rather than body mass. so, how can i draw the model having string, point mass, and give the exact simulation result with the program , and how to give initial condition to that model,because in example model , simulation occured without giving initial condition to body mass. how is it possible?i have tried a lot ,but i am not able to find the solution for it.Can you please help  me out?
Hope for positive reply.
kindly regards,
JItesh kadivar 

Re: HOW TO DRAW PHYSICAL MODEL OF SIMPLE PENDULUM WITHOUT DAMPING?

Drawing is only possible with pre-modeled components or models.
So if you want a custom model you have to model first  the
sub-componentens by your own.

Also cosider to take a look into a modelica book, e.g. http://book.xogeny.com/,
Then you will also know how the initial conditions are set in the model.

Re: HOW TO DRAW PHYSICAL MODEL OF SIMPLE PENDULUM WITHOUT DAMPING?

HI,
How to draw the subcomponent of simple pendulum in modelica? can we set the required initial condition within sub component as per our wish?
following is my program for simple pendulum and i want to generate the physical model of simple pendulum having only parameters length of string and gravitational constant and with initial condition that was given in the programme. how can i draw the model?
looking forward for your response.
Best regards,
JItesh
model pandulum
  parameter Real l = 1 "length of string";
  constant Real g = 9.81;
  Real theta(start = 1, fixed = true) "angular displacement in radian";
  Real theta_dot(start = 0, fixed = true) " absolute angular velocity in rad/sec";
equation
  theta_dot = der(theta);
  der(theta_dot) = (-g / l) * theta;
end pandulum;

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: