Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How to open the .csv file of modelica in Excel?

How to open the .csv file of modelica in Excel?

Hi,
I got my answer partially for my previous question that was" HOW TO GENERATE GRAPHICAL INFORMATION OF PLOT INTO DiGITAL (NUMERICAL) VALUE?".Now again my question is how to open .csv file of modelica in Excel? because the problem that i am facing is if i try to open the .csv file  in excel , it open but it shows only the "TEXT VIEW"  (like annotation and co-ordination of components and connect statements) of my model that i drawn in open modelica. but it does not show the digitization of my graph of output variables.That i am not able to see it.I want to see my graph value at each and every instance of time in excel sheet. is it possible?
and second question is "where my  model_name_res.csv file is generated and stored? and how can i open it in excel?"
looking forward for your response.
thank you in advance.
Best regards,
JItesh kadivar

Re: How to open the .csv file of modelica in Excel?

I don't quite understand the first part of your question in conjunction with the second one. How can you open your csv-output file if you don't know where to find it?

I will try to answer you anyway, as I just found out yesterday how to do this.
You can find the output file in C:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Local\Temp\OpenModelica\OMEdit as stated in the simulation window. The model_name_res.csv file can be opened as is in Excel, but this is not favourable, as it is awful to read this way. Better import it to Excel.
In my 2010 version of Excel this is found in Data - from text, then browse to the correct folder and choose the csv file you want the data from. A wizard will open, where you can format the imported text. You can leave nearly all settings to standard, just choose the right separator sign and there you go.

Hope this will help you

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: