Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » roeldc

Thanks Adrian.
To spare some or your time in the future: where should I have found this myself?  Is there documentation of all possible script commands?

Thanks,

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to specify in a .mos file to run another .mos file.
For Dymola, this works in a .mos file:

RunScript("Path/to/Script.mos");

Is there an equivalent for omc?
thanks,
Roel

Sorry for the confusion, I edited my answer and included a link to a shared file on dropbox.
roel

Hi Adrian,

Enclosed you find my library.  The package contains many models that are not correct because I'm in the middle of a redesign.  The model that should run but raises the error about a missing inner is called FastBuildings.Buildings.SZ_Design.

I hope this helps,
Roel

EDIT: I'm not able to upload my library it seems.  You can find it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dtnjqnfil3oy … ldings.zip

Hi,

I have the impression that OMEdit does keep the inner prefix in a redeclare. 
So I have in model A :

inner replaceable InnerModel;

And in model B I have:

extends A(redeclare AnotherInnerModel InnerModel);

But when I want to run model B, I get the following error:
No corresponding inner declaration found ...

Is this a bug in OMEdit, or am I trying to do something that is not supported by the Modelica specs?

thanks,
Roel

Hi all,

I'm modelling in OMEdit, and slowed down a great deal by a feature I don't understand.  When trying to connect two connectors graphically, the connection fails because of some error (elsewhere) in the model.  Typical errors are:
-  Illegal to instantiate partial class Partial_Weather (so connecting a partial does not work)
- some parameter or name not found

But when working on a model, one cannot expect it to be fully ready all the time, it's work in progress.  Why does OMEdit check my model when I want to add a connection? Can I turn off this behaviour somewhere so I can make my connections and solve the (unrelated) errors later?

thanks,
Roel

Hi all,

I wonder why saving a model (or library) in OMEdit takes so long.  It looks like OMEdit checks the full package before saving the files?  This is unnecessary, one can use  'check model' to do that. 

Can this behaviour be changed somehow in the settings? 

Thanks,
Roel

info: using OpenModelica 1.9.0 (r17628) on 64bit Ubuntu 13.04

I'm not sure these are exactly the same bugs, but they are indeed similar.

The most severe issue I had is that a saved change is lost when I close OMEdit and reopen it.

roel

I have issues with saving my model in OMEdit.  First, it's annoying that I cannot save a model directly, I always have to go to the upper most package to save. 
But more severe is the fact that sometimes my changes are not saved at all.  I definity save them : no more asterix in the file name and no warning when I close OMEdit.  But when I open OMEdit again and load the model, my changes are gone.

Not always, sometimes it saves as expected.

Trying to track the bug:
- Could it be that models are not saved if they still contain errors of if they are not balanced?
- Or that changes directly in the text of the package are only saved when that package is saved, even if that does not actually save anything because there is a parent package that has to be saved? 

Roel

That would be very helpful.  Thanks on beforehand.
Will you post a message here when that feature is available in the nightly builds (ubuntu)?  Thanks,
Roel

I combine graphical objects and non-graphical objects in one model.  Non-graphical objects are typically parameters, variables, ...
However, for each object without annotation, OMedit seems to add a red crossed square to the graphical view.  This is very confusing and annoying.

When I write annotation(visible=false) , it seems to have no effect. 

How can I avoid the red crossed squares?

Hi Adrian,
could you give a foreseen timing for the support of Media in OM?  I'm trying to simulate HVAC systems and currently I can't use any of the standard library components or the LBNL Building library as they all are based on Media.

Thanks,
Roel

Apr-30-10 14:59:35
Category: Programming

Hi all,
does anyone know if the famous "Principles of Object-Oriented Modeling and Simulation with Modelica 2.1" (November 2003) from Peter Fritzson (http://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/r … ngs#books) will be updated in the near future?  Or will there be another similar book soon that is up to date with the current Modelica language and standard library specifications?

thanks,
roel

Thanks, I'll study this!

It would be great if anybody could share both the modelica-code,  C-code and table format required to read data at  sample interval (eg. hourly meteo data) in the simulation.   I'have absolutely no C-experience, so I'm reluctant to learn another language just for reading data into Modelica.

Regards,
Roel

and another question: where can I find CLEARLY what OpenModelica supports, and what is NOT supported?  (In terms of Modelica language, standard library versions, ...)

thanks,
Roel

Hi all,

is there a possibility to read data from an external file as input to a simulation?  A typical example is a meteo file.
How can I do this?

Kind regards,
Roel

Thanks for your reply.
But even if I would try to simulate an example from another library, eg thermal or electrical. 

Would the simple model as proposed in my previous post work?

and if OpenModelica does not support the Media, does it mean I cannot use the standard library components that make use of a medium? All components that are interesting to me (HVAC systems) use a 'medium'...

thanks,
roel

Hi all,

I'm trying to run one of the examples that are included in the Modelica standard library, for example this one: Modelica.Fluid.Examples.HeatingSystem
I'm using SimForge 0.9 RC2 and the Modelica standard library 3.1

What is the correct procedure?  Some things I tried:
- When I double click on the example, it opens.  When I want to check the model, SimForge gets stuck
- When I create a new model, and drag the example to it,  I get the following model

model ExampleTest
Modelica.Fluid.Examples.HeatingSystem TestExample;
end ExampleTest

When checking this model, I get:  Null - you can save this file with "save as" and reload the file later

Thanks for your help,
Roel

thanks a lot!

Small addition: The DrModelica examples in OMnotebook didn't work either.
I decided to uninstall OM 1.5.0 RC2 and I installed RC1 instead, now it works...
So the problem seems to be linked to RC2.

regards,
roel

Hi,

I'm a brand new user of OM, (and of this forum apparently) and while running through the tutorial I'm surprised to see that no single 'simulate' command seems to work.  I always get resultFile= "Simulation failed."  See below for an example.

Anybody an idea how to solve this?
I just installed the 1.5.0 RC2 version on windows XP

Thanks a lot for your help,
Roel

>> loadFile("C:/OpenModelica1.5.0/testmodels/dcmotor.mo")
true

>> simulate(dcmotor,startTime=0.0,stopTime=10.0)
record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "Simulation failed.
"
end SimulationResult;

• Index
  • » Users
  • » roeldc
You are here: