Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » ksenagos

@adeas
Thank you for your help now it works correctly.
However while i can get the results for most outputs when i choose to get the results for a certain variable i still fail to extract the results in xls.
For example the name of the variable is "mech.load.r_0[2]" and the xls icludes only the time steps with no results for the variable

Any ideas where the problem might be.The name and the path of the variable are 100% percent correct

In the plotting view when i go to check my results i can see some of my results to be limited to 6 decimals while others are of the type x e-10.

The results do not seem to change when I decrease the tolerance from 1e-6 to 1e-9

Hello could someone redirect me or explain how can I increase the number of decimals of the results.

Hello again,

I d like to import a data file from an excel data sheet. The data are the rotation angles of an axis q(t) (a 500+rows data sheet).

So let's say i have tranfered the data to a txt file and they are of the format

t               q
0.01        1
0.02        1.2
0.03        1.4
0.04        1.9

Where t is the time in sec and q the angle in rad

I would like to launch a simulation taking the values from txt file (with linear interpolation between values for a continuous time simulation)

i guess i should use the Time Table or CombiTimeTable but can someone quide my through the proccess

Thanks in advance

Hello again

I m trying to simulate a force applied on the flange_b of one body.
I have connected the flange b of the force with the point i want it to be applied and i have chosen the force to be resolved in world frame.
I created a constant input of i.e. {100, 100, 100} nt but when i try to connect the constant block to the input of the force i get the following message pops up

"Connect Array:Connect constant.y with force.force[index], Enter index value for force.force"
if i leave the pop up box  blank an error message appeas saying "Enter a valid positive integer index value for force.force"
In the box i am only allowed to type numbers....nothing else

What i m i supposed to fill in the pop up box?

Thanks again

two questions

1)Will my old models be compatible with the new built?

2)When i request one variable and set csv as format i only get time as result the rest of the result tree is blank
    When i request one variable and set mat as format i can only see my parameters and all my variables but the end results are the initial conditions

Do you believe this has to do with the version i m using or could it be something else?

1)Thanks
2)I m using 1.9.1Beta2. While i was searching the forum i found that others have faced the same issue
3)what is the format that i should write the variables that i want?

Hello again

I am new in modelica so excuse my ignorance.After succesfully simulating my model i wanted to plot my results.I can see and plot my results in the plot tab but i want to extract them in excel.I ve read that you have set the output format to csv file but i have some minor problems.

1)How can I store my results and where are the results files stored?
2)When i set the output format to csv all results seem to be 0 and when i try to choose one of them omedit crashes.

edit:I found the results files on my temporary file directory but the results are propably impossible to read.What should i do so that instead of every variable i can see only the results for the variables I want(2-3 variables instead of 200+)

Thanks in advance

Hello people

It is my first post and i m not sure if this the right place to post the problem i m facing.Hope the community can help me find a solution.Here it goes

My model describing the motion of a mecahnism inlcludes several submodels.Each submodel checks and simulates successfully. When I combine all of them the final product checks successfully and starts to simulate but I receive the following message at message browser

"Error: Failed to open simulation result C/(input directory) Too few rows in data_2 matrix"

Also the simulation output reads:
Error, singular Jacobian for dynamic state selection at time 0.000000 Use -lv LOG_DSS_JAC to get the Jacobian
Process crashed Simulation process exited with code -1

If I change the initial conditions the Simulation seems to run succesfully but the results show that the simulation run only for 2 steps (0.0005 sec) and the simulation out put reads Process crashed Simulation process exited with code -7

For some initial conditions  no error appears but the simulation never goes more than 0%

1)Any ideas what these error might indicate
2)How do i use the  -lv LOG_DSS_JAC

psMy model consists by two major models:one that describe the kinematic motion of the mechanism(rods and joints mainly) and one that provides actuation of the joints of the mechanism(motors that provide torque)

Thanks in advance

• Index
  • » Users
  • » ksenagos
You are here: