Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Increasing number of digits in results

Increasing number of digits in results

Hello could someone redirect me or explain how can I increase the number of decimals of the results.

Re: Increasing number of digits in results

In which view do you need to show more digits? Double precision is limited and the solver tolerance you set affects the precision even further.

In the plotting view when i go to check my results i can see some of my results to be limited to 6 decimals while others are of the type x e-10.

The results do not seem to change when I decrease the tolerance from 1e-6 to 1e-9

Well, "Real" is a floating-point number. The one with e-10 has the same number of digits as the other ones because the digits at the beginning do not count, since they are only zeros.

So in OMEdit. I don't think the plotting view will show the full digits. You can always simulate (or open a result-file) using omc and query the value at a specific point in time: https://build.openmodelica.org/Document … g.val.html (it will print the full 15 digits or so that double precision floating point can store).

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: