Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Results files

Results files

Hello again

I am new in modelica so excuse my ignorance.After succesfully simulating my model i wanted to plot my results.I can see and plot my results in the plot tab but i want to extract them in excel.I ve read that you have set the output format to csv file but i have some minor problems.

1)How can I store my results and where are the results files stored?
2)When i set the output format to csv all results seem to be 0 and when i try to choose one of them omedit crashes.

edit:I found the results files on my temporary file directory but the results are propably impossible to read.What should i do so that instead of every variable i can see only the results for the variables I want(2-3 variables instead of 200+)

Thanks in advance

Edited by: ksenagos - Jun-16-14 14:42:22

Re: Results files

1. The CSV results file is generated in %TEMP%/OpenModelica/OMEdit/model_name_res.csv

2. This could be a bug in csv writer/reader. Which version of OpenModelica are you using? Can you share a sample model?

3. OMEdit->Simulation Setup->Output->Variable Filter, specify which variables you want to output to the result file. By default all variables are written to the file. AFAIK parameters are only available in mat result file.

Adeel.

1)Thanks
2)I m using 1.9.1Beta2. While i was searching the forum i found that others have faced the same issue
3)what is the format that i should write the variables that i want?

2) Download and try the latest nightly build. https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … ly-builds/
3) Variable Filter is a regular expression. There are several discussions about it on the forum e.g https://www.openmodelica.org/index.php/ … ic?id=1227

Adeel.

Thanks again

two questions

1)Will my old models be compatible with the new built?

2)When i request one variable and set csv as format i only get time as result the rest of the result tree is blank
    When i request one variable and set mat as format i can only see my parameters and all my variables but the end results are the initial conditions

Do you believe this has to do with the version i m using or could it be something else?

1) Yes, as long as your models are standard Modelica code.
2) Update the version and post some use case. I can't say what is wrong. Note that its a variable filter. No-where does it say it filters parameters current/wink

Adeel.

Maybe it is not a bad idea to put two or three examples of good filters in the OpenModelicUsersGuide.pdf.
Also some info about the output formats would save Adeas or other programmers time to answer some questions.
I remember to have asked in this forum about which release (V4, V5, V6 or V7) of the mat format and which structure the format has In case one wants to make a reading routine of his own.

It was just a thought and a kind suggestion.
I know very well how busy OM programmers are, and therefore, that they cannot consider all ideas and suggestions from we users!

@adeas
Thank you for your help now it works correctly.
However while i can get the results for most outputs when i choose to get the results for a certain variable i still fail to extract the results in xls.
For example the name of the variable is "mech.load.r_0[2]" and the xls icludes only the time steps with no results for the variable

Any ideas where the problem might be.The name and the path of the variable are 100% percent correct

Dear all,

I have a question regarding the output files of OpenModelica. I have 4 components in my model and each component has 2 pins (positive pin and negative pin). I want to get the voltage of each pin in the output file but for some pins I cannot get the voltage of that particular pin (e.g. positive pin of a component has only i without v).
I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance,
Pouya

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic