Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » pauljoseph

Dec-30-10 06:11:51
problem with small time step in openmodelica 1.6.0

Thanks now it works fine current/smile

Dec-20-10 12:19:43

Thanks a lot, let me know when the fix is released current/smile

Dec-20-10 11:20:44

Hi,
I have been using OpenModelica 1.5.0 for my project and works fine, but when I updated to OpenModelica 1.6.0, it stops working. I think it is a problem in small time step that I use. Now in OpenModelica 1.6.0, it does not give any output for the time step that I use. To test, can use this simple model

Code:

model test
  Real a=2;
  Real b;
equation
  a=b;
end test

and run with:

Code:

simulate(test,startTime=0,stopTime=5e-14,method="dassl2",numberOfIntervals=500

The output has only 1 data point instead of 500. But when I changed the stopTime=1, it gives the correct data points.

Is this a bug?

Hi,
I am reading OMC-API for setComponentProperties(), I am wondering what is A8 and A9, there is only definition until A7. thanks in advance.

Hi,
I am unable to get correct result when using OMC-API setParameterValue. I tried both using Java CORBA as well as from OMShell-terminal. This is the steps in terminal:

>>>package test model mymodel parameter Real p1; parameter Real p2; end mymodel; end test;
{test}
>>>setParameterValue(test.mymodel,p1,2)
Ok

The result is ok, but when I list test, this is what I got:

>>> list(test)
"package test
  model mymodel
    parameter Real p1;
    parameter Real p2;
  end mymodel;
end test;

"

so the value is not set to 2 as it is supposed to from the previous command.

Please advise. Thanks.

Thanks, that works. btw, I don't think it's my eclipse setting, I have tried to run from terminal by typing java classname but it still cannot set the environment. Your method works by calling setEnvirontmentVar.

Hi, I am trying out the JavaCORBA code from: http://www.ida.liu.se/~adrpo/omc/corba/_java/
But I cannot run loadModel(Modelica). When I did checkSettings(), it turns out that OPENMODELICALIBRARY=" " is set always.
I tried to change from shell to export OPENMODELICALIBRARY, but when I run it, it is still like that. I tried to override the system environment using Eclipse environment, but it still set as " ".

I can run the loadModel(Modelica) from OMShell and OMShell-terminal. But If I run java org.modelica.Main, it is again set as " ".

I am using Ubuntu 10.10, and install using repository nightly build. Please help to advise. Thanks.

Yeah, I too have the same problem with Ubuntu 10.04 and OpenModelica 1.5.0. I never run OMNotebook again.

From what I got by browsing the internet. It seems that OpenModelica does not support complex number. The support of complex number requires some operator overloading which is not yet supported in OpenModelica 1.5.0.

Hi,
Does openmodelica support for complex number data type, and how can we define such? Thanks.

Thanks, this is great, both euler and dassl2 gave a nice plot.
May I know where can I get the documentation for all this? It doesn't seem to be covered in the UserGuide and Tutorial.

Hi,
I am having problem to run OpenModelica for simulation that uses high frequency above 1e9Hz.  The following code, does not give me the right sinusoidal plot. It can work with 1e8Hz and 1e9Hz (though 1e9Hz is already a bit staggered), but not for 1e10Hz.  May I know what the problem is? and how I can resolve this. Thanks.

model testfreq
  parameter Real f1=1e10;
  Real u;
equation
u=sin(2*3.14*f1*time);
end testfreq;

simulate(testfreq,stopTime=10e-10)
plot(u)

• Index
  • » Users
  • » pauljoseph
You are here: