Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMNotebook memory problem

OMNotebook memory problem

Hi folks,

I just installed OpenModelica on my Ubuntu 10.04 laptop. The shell runs without problems but when I try to use OMNotebook it blows up my memory. If I start it and I don't use it it's working fine. As soon as I try to open some links in the DrModelica document and execute some cells there, the memory consumption goes up (several hundred Megabytes) and the processor load is almost always 100%. I tested it several times and ran the top command in a terminal and I always got the same bad results. If I continue executing cells OMNotebook uses the whole memory (2 GB!!!) and the laptop becomes unusable.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Oliver

Re: OMNotebook memory problem

Yeah, I too have the same problem with Ubuntu 10.04 and OpenModelica 1.5.0. I never run OMNotebook again.

I would suggest using plot2/plotParametric2 functions instead of plot/plotParametric. I think that the memory issue is mostly related to the storage of plot data.
If you use plot2 functions an external Java plotting package is called and the memory consumed by OMNotebook should not increase that much.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

I am having the same issue. This seems remarkably similar to the problems Mathematica just had with the latest Linux kernels. This really is too bad, because I was hoping to move from Mathematica to Modelica (free and OO) but now running into the same problem that was just fixed there.

Hi,

Please at this thread

http://openmodelica.org/index.php/forum/topic?id=139

Best Regards
Mohsen

Thanks, that worked perfectly!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic