Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

How do you get Modelica objects active to populate a UML diagram?

How do you get Modelica objects active to populate a UML diagram?

Steps:

1. Create a Papyrus project
2. Click on project folder to activate 'Outline' window
3. Delete 'Standard' profile line
4.In 'Outline' window, import package, import profile as library from repository
5 Select ModelicaML 1.1.1, select ModelicaML - system imports ModelicaML profile items
6. Ctrl S to save.

Now when I attempt to add Modelica items to the original .di2 diagram they are STILL all greyed out!

How do I get them to be active (black), so I can start building my ModelicaML model?

Love and peace,

Solihin Millin
Murwillumbah, Australia

Re: How do you get Modelica objects active to populate a UML diagram?

While waiting for answers from the Forum I have continued my research, and am now getting further results.

As far as I can tell, all the action seems to lie in the Outline view.  By dragging and dropping from the imported ModelicaML profile entries in the Outline view into the (Papyrus) editor window of the project .di2 file, I have been able to activate various ML objects.

So.... success!

Now the next step is to put together a very simple ModelicaML model, validate it and run in under the Modelica perspective (Open Modelica Console).

If this works then I'm well on my way to develop my initial object oriented Modelica EOL (Economy of Love) model.

Apparently, one of the Open Modelica researchers has developed an extension allowing modification and viewing of variables during execution.  I'm looking forward to learning how to achieve this.

Any help from anyone in this Forum, will be most appreciated.

Love and peace,

Sol

Re: How do you get Modelica objects active to populate a UML diagram?

Hi,

there is no need to import the ModelicaML profile.
After having created a Papyrus project you can apply the profile to the top-level UML Model element  (see ModelicaML: Getting Started, section 2.9).
Then you  can create ModelicaML elements by using the ModelicaML outline actions (see ModelicaML: Getting Started, p.7).
For generating modelica code see ModelicaML: Getting Started, p.8.

Hope it helps.
Wladimir

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: