Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMNotebook on Kubuntu 100% CPU and slowly all MEM

OMNotebook on Kubuntu 100% CPU and slowly all MEM

Hello,

I only started using OpenModelica and I have been experiencing a problem with OMNotebook on Kubuntu. When I follow a link to open up a new file (e.g. when using DRModelica) my CPU usage is immediately going to 100%, with the Memory usage slowly increasing too until nothing is working anymore. The same problem occurs when evaluating an Inputcell. I have already tried it on a different desktop environment (LXDE) with the same effect. I am using Kubuntu 10.10 32-bit and OpenModelica 1.5.1 nightly packages. Has anybody else encountered a similar problem and is there a fix? Thanks.

As a next step I am going to try it out on Gnome, since there don't seem to be any complaints with Ubuntu. Afterwards I will remove the nightly builds and go back to the release packages.

Best Regards,

asd

P.S.: Same with Gnome and stable package of OpenModelica.

Edited by: asd - Oct-25-10 11:32:03

Re: OMNotebook on Kubuntu 100% CPU and slowly all MEM

This is an issue with Qt4.7 (we compile against Qt4.4 on Debian Stable because Debian users can't use Ubuntu executables, but Ubuntu users can use Debian executables).
The OMNotebook I compile myself on Ubuntu does work properly. Hopefully this will be solved when Debian updates their ancient software. I'm considering adding some more virtual machines to build both Debian and Ubuntu versions. It's quite weird that the release packages does work fine.

You could probably force the old OMNotebook to be install together with the new omc current/wink

I created a bug here (that I probably won't fix): http://openmodelica.ida.liu.se:8080/cb/ … ation=true

Thanks for the fast info. I guess I will use another plattform as a fallback for now.

There is a new virtual machine running Ubuntu 10.10 to create nightly builds (I suppose also release/stable when new releases are made)
deb http://build.openmodelica.org/apt nightly-ubuntu contrib # Based on Ubuntu-Stable

Try it if you want. It seems to not have these issues with OMNotebook (and should be more reliable for people using stable Ubuntu).

I looked into it. Please correct me if I am wrong, but so far I have only seen a 64 bit version. Currently I am working on a 32 bit machine. Is there a chance for a 32 bit version?. Thanks!

Bah. I missed you were using 32-bit platform. I'll see what I can do; I can probably fit another VM to the build server, but it only has 16GB of RAM so I'm a bit uncertain.

Anyway, in 45 minutes there should be an Ubuntu32 build up. Hopefully the server can handle it, else I'll just have to make some builds nightly and others on demand.

Good morning!

I just updated my system and OMNotebook runs wonderfully with the new build. CPU and Memory usage are normal now. Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks, worked for me too!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: