Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Siv

I would like to tell you a short story.

So, once upon a time I was working for a small company and they were hell bent on using Open Modelica for simulations. Luckily we never had any projects or else we might have had to disappoint our clients.

You know why ? Because nothing is ever straight forward in Open Modelica. I wonder why a software like this on the internet. If it Is not full fledged, why even release it ? There are literally millions of bugs in it. Most of the examples fail. If I contact the library guys, they tell me that the problem is with Open Modelica.

Our Director was convinced that this is a decent software. So, I had to put up with his fantasy. Please remove this tool from online, or atleast provide decent support for. This software is a shame for open source community.

Luckily I am no longer working with this tool.

For example, take a look at software's likes Energyplus, FDS, they offer very good support and the number of bugs therein are so  less.

Hi

When I try to install Open Modelica libraries in Ubuntu 16.04 it says "The following packages have unmet dependencies: omlib-modelicaads : Depends: omlib-aixlib-0.4.0 but it is not installable E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.". I used the command "sudo apt install omlib-.*". Please help me regarding this

Hello

This is regarding simulation of chillers.

When I contacted unmet hours regarding the following error, they said that it is a bug with respect to open modelica. Could you please let me know if this is a compatibility issue ?

" Buildings.Fluid.Chillers.Examples.Carnot_TEva: 19:3-33:70]: Variable chi: Cyclically dependent constants or parameters found in scope Buildings.Fluid.Chillers.Carnot_TEva$chi: {COP_nominal,etaCarnot_nominal}."

Could someone please explain how to resolve this?

Sep-18-17 08:20:49
Buildings.Fluid.Chillers.Examples.Carnot_TEva

Hello

I am trying to simulate the example chiller in "Buildings.Fluid.Chillers.Examples.Carnot_TEva". However, it says

" Buildings.Fluid.Chillers.Examples.Carnot_TEva: 19:3-33:70]: Variable chi: Cyclically dependent constants or parameters found in scope Buildings.Fluid.Chillers.Carnot_TEva$chi: {COP_nominal,etaCarnot_nominal}."

Could someone please explain how to resolve this?

Aug-22-17 10:19:53
Issues while reopening .mo file

I am trying to open the file using ( file - open model/library files) If you open my .mo file you will be able to see a 2m thick wall with fixed boundary conditions at both ends. I would like to change it in one of the end. How may I do it?

And moreover when I open Omedit I am getting this following error in the Messages browser:
[1] 15:44:00 Scripting Error
sh: 1: impact: not found

What does it mean?

Aug-22-17 06:50:08
Issues while reopening .mo file

Hello.

I have made a simple heat conduction across a wall model and I simulated it successfully. However, when I try to reopen the class for editing the Boundary conditions it does not let me modify it. I have the attached the .mo file for reference. Please let me know how I may resolve the issue
Heat-transfer.mo

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Siv
You are here: