Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Why Open Modelica is the most useless software in the world

Why Open Modelica is the most useless software in the world

I would like to tell you a short story.

So, once upon a time I was working for a small company and they were hell bent on using Open Modelica for simulations. Luckily we never had any projects or else we might have had to disappoint our clients.

You know why ? Because nothing is ever straight forward in Open Modelica. I wonder why a software like this on the internet. If it Is not full fledged, why even release it ? There are literally millions of bugs in it. Most of the examples fail. If I contact the library guys, they tell me that the problem is with Open Modelica.

Our Director was convinced that this is a decent software. So, I had to put up with his fantasy. Please remove this tool from online, or atleast provide decent support for. This software is a shame for open source community.

Luckily I am no longer working with this tool.

For example, take a look at software's likes Energyplus, FDS, they offer very good support and the number of bugs therein are so  less.

Edited by: Siv - Feb-23-19 09:27:34

Re: Why Open Modelica is the most useless software in the world

Thank you for your kind words. We're really sorry you got forced to use our tool. We'll go right ahead and remove it from the internet.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: