Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » rfaelens

Mar-18-13 21:13:56
How to choose simulation speed in Interactive simulations?

I am using OpenModelica 1.8.0 to do interactive simulations, in a sense that I want users to be able to modify the parameters of a system in real-time.
So far so good, this is working wonderfully. I am able to go back in time and quickly adapt certain parameters of my system.

However, I now want to be able to do "as fast as possible" simulation so I can quickly know the state after 24 hours. Typically, the usecase is to use the Graphical Interface how a system evolves when configured with specific parameters.
The changeTime command can only go back in time, as can the changeValue command.

Am I obligated to use the OPC UA interface and continuously call 'step()', or are there other ways to do this?

Mar-18-13 19:22:18
Retrieve data from running simulation

Hi yojimbo,

I'm currently using OpenModelica 1.8.0 (changelog for 1.8.1 and 1.9.0 mentions interactive simulation not working; but there is no error message when launching your model, as you indeed specified).

However, even on 1.8.0, interactive simulation is tricky to get working correctly, as there is little to no input validation.

Good luck!

• Index
  • » Users
  • » rfaelens
You are here: