Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Retrieve data from running simulation

Retrieve data from running simulation

Hi folks, I'm new to open modelica and I want to ask if it's possible to get data from a running simulation through OMC interface or OMPython so that I can process/collect these data continuously. Thanks for your help and time.

Re: Retrieve data from running simulation

I found a way how to do this in user guide chapter 5  which is about interactive simulation, however the example which is written there doesn't work with OM 1.9.0beta4 under windows. When I try to run BouncingBall model (TwoTanks model doesn't exist where it should be according to the guide) which was built as .exe file with -interactive parameter from command line, program just terminates without any output or waiting for the client to connect. Furthermore I can't even find the OMI client anywhere in the OM folder. Any ideas how to get the example from the guide working?

Hi,

Interactive simulation doesn't work in 1.9.0beta4.
A lot of changes happened in the meantime.
You could use version 1.8.1 or the latest nightly build:
https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … ly-builds/
where we made it work again (but is not very well tested)
Your choice.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hi yojimbo,

I'm currently using OpenModelica 1.8.0 (changelog for 1.8.1 and 1.9.0 mentions interactive simulation not working; but there is no error message when launching your model, as you indeed specified).

However, even on 1.8.0, interactive simulation is tricky to get working correctly, as there is little to no input validation.

Good luck!

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: