Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Installation error on OS X Lion

Installation error on OS X Lion

I'm currently using Macbook Pro with OS X Lion 10.7.5.
I tried to install openmodelica, but there is an error while building openmodelica. Here is an error message prompted on terminal

Code:

--->  Building openmodelica
Error: org.macports.build for port openmodelica returned: command execution failed
Please see the log file for port openmodelica for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_build.openmodelica.org_macports_lang_openmodelica/openmodelica/main.log
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port openmodelica failed

I've tried with both clang and gcc44 build option, but both of them failed with the same error.
I've tried with both openmodelica and openmodelica-devel, but both of them failed with the same error.
I looked at the log file, but didn't get any clue about how to solve this problem.
Here is my last part of log file. (I can't attach log file due to some upload error)

Code:

:info:build Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_build.openmodelica.org_macports_lang_openmodelica/openmodelica/work/openmodelica_15987" && /usr/bin/make -j4 -w all omlibrary
:info:build Exit code: 2
:error:build org.macports.build for port openmodelica returned: command execution failed
:debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 82217 2
:debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
    while executing
"system -nice 0 $fullcmdstring"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval system $notty $nice \$fullcmdstring"
    invoked from within
"command_exec build"
    (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:build Warning: targets not executed for openmodelica: org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:build Please see the log file for port openmodelica for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_build.openmodelica.org_macports_lang_openmodelica/openmodelica/main.log

Please help me ASAP.
Thank you

Re: Installation error on OS X Lion

You would need to post the full log-file because it is a parallel build. The error is probably in the middle somewhere. Also, you should probably try openmodelica-devel since there were some problems with OSX builds earlier on.

Since there's an upload error, could you tell me your email so that I can send you my log file?
I've tried with openmodelica-devel, too. But, it fails either.

Thanks again for your help

I was just having problems installing OpenModelica on a MacBook with Lion. My first attempt was to upgrade to Maverick in the hope that the newer OS would be better supported. No luck. Then I dug deeper. The problem was that it could not find the package sundials. A search on the net was no help. Others had experienced the problem, but no one defined a solution. So I took a flyer. I used port install OpenModelica-devel -sundials. At least I have a clean install, and models run. There may be some missing solver options, but it does run.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: