Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMEdit - Unable to find OMEdit server, Object reference file

OMEdit - Unable to find OMEdit server, Object reference file

I have just compiled OpenModelica on a OpenSUSE Linux machine.

The build procedure was not staight forward at all, I needed to set several environment variables that where never mentioned in any README file, had to download and install several libraries, fix c++ errors in several files, adjust autogenerated makefiles by hand, and fix some rml generated c-code by hand.

After all that I got it compiled but OMEdit does not work. It gives the following error message:

Unable to find OMEdit server, Object reference file /tmp/openmodelica.alex.objid.OMEdit109da87478000138962734400000038430081163544861 not created.
OMEdit will close.

omc +d=interactiveCorba works fine
OMShell works fine as well.

What could be the problem?
How to I turn on OMEdit/omc debug, to see what OMEdit tries to do?

Alexander

Re: OMEdit - Unable to find OMEdit server, Object reference file

Hi,

I found the problem.

For some reason OMEdit was using the wrong omc, it seems, from a broken build that I had lying around.
Is there a debug option for OMEdit that allows to monitor the OMEdit/OMC interaction?

Alexander

Tools->OMC Logger would not have helped you. But you could have had a look in /tmp/OpenModelica/OMEdit/openmodelica.*.omc.output.OMEdit or anywhere in /tmp/OpenModelica/OMEdit

No, there is no debug option to see the interaction when OMEdit is making a conneciton with OMC.
There are debug options once you are connected to OMC as mentioned in the above post.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: