Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

The differential index of the system

The differential index of the system

I have got the following "system is inconsistent!" error by OpenModelica version 1.9.0.

"...
warning | Error solving hybrid equation system with index 22 at time 5.774772e-004
throw   | [line] 72 | [file] simulation/solver/model_help.c
        | ERROR: Too many event iterations. System is inconsistent!"

I am wondering if the "index 22" mentioned in the above text is the differential index of the system. The modeled system is represented with hybrid DAEs and I am interested to estimate its differential index; however, the indicated value is too high!

Re: The differential index of the system

Hi,

the index of the error message is nothing else than the equation number. If you want do know the differential index of the system you could use +d=bltdump with the PFPlusExt Matching Algoritm and cound how often the system equations are diffentiated. (search for "Reduce Index").

setMatchingAlgorithm("PFPlusExt");
setIndexReductionMethod("dynamicStateSelection");

Thank you very much, Frenkel. I am wondering if the number of derivatives (i.e. the number of appearing the text "Reduce Index")  is equal to index - 1. Hence, if the index of the system is 1 it will not be reduced at all. Am I right?  If so, how is it possible to recognize the ODE systems from the index 1 DAEs?

Regards

Hi,

Yes, you are right! It's not need to reduce a system with a differential index 1.
The ODE system of an index 1 DAEs are just the equations, which are needed
to determine the differetiated states.

The error above just says that a part of the whole system can't be solve onsistent
and this system has internally the index 22, as Jens pointed out already.
This part is a mixed equation system of Boolean and Real varibales which are
needs to be solved at once. Do you have still issue with that could you provied
your model?

so long.
Willi

Hi Willi,

Thank you very much for your comment. Actually, I have still got stuck in the problem. The system includes a boolean variable in conjunction with other real ones. When the employed scenario provides only one transition of the boolean variable there is no such a inconsistency error; however, if it implies more than one transition, there will be inconsistency error.

Regards,
Arash

Hi,

could you provide an example model therefore?

so long.
Willi

Hi Willi,

Would you please give me an email address to send the model to you.

Best,
Arash

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: