Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OM Edit Executes Without End

OM Edit Executes Without End

I have created the simple DC Motor model using OMEdit. The model runs from the OM Shell fine in about 2 sec and results can be plotted. But when I simulate by clicking on the Simulate button, OMEdit starts processing and this goes on for ages. I'm not patient enough to see if it does end but it may go on for hours. While this process is running, the OMEdit window cannot be used; I have to kill the OMEdit process.
What on earth can it be doing and more to the point, what can I do to resolve the problem?
Thanks,
Mike

PS
Some additional info:
OMEdit version:

Code:

OMEdit - OpenModelica Connection Editor Version: 1.9.0

Connected to OpenModelica 1.9.0 Beta2 (r14391)

Steps taken:
I open OMEdit
I open the model (which runs OK in OMShell)
I can Instantiate Model & Check Model OK
I click the Simulate icon and leave the settings Start 0.0, Stop 1.0; dassl; Tol 0.000001; no flags then click on the Simulate button
A progress bar shows at 100% for a moment
The OMEdit view changes to Plotting
Then nothing more can be done in the OMEdit window - it will not respond to any mouse or keyboard commands
The System Monitor shows that OMEdit is processing 100% and continues till I get bored of waiting and kill it

Any ideas??

Edited by: MikeThomson - Jan-14-13 20:43:11
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: