Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Request for comment MDT versus ML development

Request for comment MDT versus ML development

While being a novice in Modelica, UML, MDT OMNotebook, and ML, I have spent a few days researching these tools in order to decide how to develop my Economic Model - Economy of Love.

I offer the following comments and ask for responses.

OMNotebook seems the simplest development environment

MDT seems an excellent structured, supportive, development environment

ML is hugely complex and adds a vast amount of complexity on top of knowledge of the Modelica language in order to achieve a visual UML based model structure (via Papyrus interaction), which is updateable and able to generate Modelica code (via Accelero interaction).

This vast complexity of ML, seems to me to be a great waste of developer time and effort, for a very small return.  There is a huge investment in learning the complexities of entering the UML objects and the myriad of parameters, such that they will generate Modelica code correctly.

At this stage I will make the development decision to use MDT (and not ML) and see how I go.

I'd be very interested to hear other developer's comments about their experience with these various toolsets.

Love and peace,

Solihin Millin

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: