Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

ModelicaML example

ModelicaML example

Hello,

I have installed ModelicaML and eveything seems to be working fine. I am a complete beginner and been trying to follow the TwoTankSystem tutorial but I am getting lost because it seems that some things were left out. Is there a more detailed tutorial for a complete beginner like myself?
Thanks for any help in getting me off the ground.

Peace,
Aref

Re: ModelicaML example

Hi,

there are at least example models here: http://www.ida.liu.se/~pelab/modelica/O … eBindings/
What is unclear in the tutorial?

Wladimir

Thank you Wladimir for the prompt reply. I am following the tutorial modprod2011-tutorial2-Schamai-ModelicaML. Where I am having trouble is in slide 30. I have created the model structure but I am not clear how to proceed to create the components cIn and cOut for example in BaseControler. What is not clear is do I create a new component element and then cIn cOut as ports or do I simply create cIn and cOut as ports in BaseControler (I am not sure I am explaining this clearly). In either case the result I get does not look like the screenshot in the slides.

This is the tutorial link I am following.

http://www.modprod.liu.se/MODPROD2011/1 … licaML.pdf

Again thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.
Peace,
Aref

Hi ,

yes, you can create ports and then set the type.
Note, for using primitive types such as ModelicaReal, ModelicaBoolean etc., you will need to import Modelica Predefined Types to appear them in the type selection dialog.

BTW, you should follow the tutorials from the ModelicaML website because they are kept updated.

Hope it helps
Wladimir

Thank you Wladimir. Yes this helps. I thought that's where I got the tutorial from.

Cheers,
Aref

Hello,

I managed to follow the tutorial and completed the model. Thanks for the help. However, I am running into trouble trying to simulate the model. I get a message saying errors occurred during simulation and a list of words

"asdlfkj adsöflk jasdf aslkfj jaödlskfj aödslkfj aösldkfj aölskdfj aslökdf aöslkdf ........."

The code generation does not report any errors and I compared the files with the files downloaded from modelicaML site and they appear to be the same.
BTW I am running eclipse indigo.

Thanks for any help in resolving the problem.

Aref

Hi,

this was a bug.
Please update ModeicaML.

Wladimir

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic