Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » ANam

Oct-26-13 16:35:28
OMNotebook in Ubuntu

I did not realize that I had to add a cell before being able to edit--makes sense. Sorry for being too quick to assume that there is something wrong with the notebook application. Issue is closed.

Oct-26-13 16:13:05
OMNotebook in Ubuntu

I have just installed OpenModelica on my Ubuntu machine 64bit and am experiencing a little problem with OMNotebook. When I open a new notebook it seems that I am unable to edit--there is no cursor in the edit space and no test is entered. If I open a link from the startup notebook I am able to edit but not if I start a new notebook from the menu. Is this an issue with the Linux version or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any insights.

Hello,

I managed to follow the tutorial and completed the model. Thanks for the help. However, I am running into trouble trying to simulate the model. I get a message saying errors occurred during simulation and a list of words

"asdlfkj adsöflk jasdf aslkfj jaödlskfj aödslkfj aösldkfj aölskdfj aslökdf aöslkdf ........."

The code generation does not report any errors and I compared the files with the files downloaded from modelicaML site and they appear to be the same.
BTW I am running eclipse indigo.

Thanks for any help in resolving the problem.

Aref

Thank you Wladimir. Yes this helps. I thought that's where I got the tutorial from.

Cheers,
Aref

Thank you Wladimir for the prompt reply. I am following the tutorial modprod2011-tutorial2-Schamai-ModelicaML. Where I am having trouble is in slide 30. I have created the model structure but I am not clear how to proceed to create the components cIn and cOut for example in BaseControler. What is not clear is do I create a new component element and then cIn cOut as ports or do I simply create cIn and cOut as ports in BaseControler (I am not sure I am explaining this clearly). In either case the result I get does not look like the screenshot in the slides.

This is the tutorial link I am following.

http://www.modprod.liu.se/MODPROD2011/1 … licaML.pdf

Again thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions.
Peace,
Aref

Hello,

I have installed ModelicaML and eveything seems to be working fine. I am a complete beginner and been trying to follow the TwoTankSystem tutorial but I am getting lost because it seems that some things were left out. Is there a more detailed tutorial for a complete beginner like myself?
Thanks for any help in getting me off the ground.

Peace,
Aref

• Index
  • » Users
  • » ANam
You are here: