Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

modelica for mac

modelica for mac

Sorry if this is covered, but this forum is a black box for me.  I can not find out how to search and the basic rules of posting here.  I see that the daily builds are gone for Mac. Does that mean I can not build it myself without a lot of pain?  The workaround offered of a Linux VM is useless in a corporate environment.  NIST security rules make it REALLY difficult to get permission to install a VM like this on work machines. 

Thanks for not flaming me for posting in ignorance here. I did look and did a search on google for directions on posting/searching.

jim

Re: modelica for mac

Hey hopperj!

Yes, your are correct, new versions of OpenModelica will no longer support OSX.
And yes, compiling OpenModelica by yourself can be a pain, especially on OSX. Because that and that we don't have many OSX users the amount of time and resources needed to keep OpenModelica working on OSX is to high for us developers.

If an VM is not an option for you, you could try OpenModelica version 1.16. To be honest, I'm not sure if that version runs on recent macs.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic