Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Error:Operator reinit may only be used in the body of a when equation

Error:Operator reinit may only be used in the body of a when equation

I am getting this error when trying to import an FMU and simulate it using OMPython 3.3(OpenModelica 1.17). I have also tried to import the same FMU through OMShell, but got the error "failed to build model". For the same FMU in OMEdit, whenever I click on simulate, I get the same error as OMPython and am prompted to use  the old frontend. When I choose that option, the simulation works fine. Please suggest how to use the old frontend to simulate the FMU using OMPython.

Re: Error:Operator reinit may only be used in the body of a when equation

Well, you could use the command setCommandLineOptions("-d=-newInst") through OMPython. But a better solution would be to fix the code since it is not legal Modelica code.

@sjoelund.se, we are generating the illegal code when we generate a Modelica model as a wrapper for the FMU.

@sjoelund.se, OpenModelica version 1.17 by default has -d=newInst enabled. I need to choose the old frontend or any other work around for the abovementioned error. Both the model and fmu are generated in OpenModelica 1.17.

What if the reinit is inside an Algorithm part?
OMPython is not allowing me to load a Model I built from scratch having this struct. I can run it perfectly in OpenModelica but not from Python (3.8).
Any ideas why?
Thank you in advance

rasc5 wrote:

What if the reinit is inside an Algorithm part?
OMPython is not allowing me to load a Model I built from scratch having this struct. I can run it perfectly in OpenModelica but not from Python (3.8).
Any ideas why?
Thank you in advance

reinit is only allowed in equations: https://specification.modelica.org/mast … tml#reinit

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: