Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Need simple OMOptim example/walkthrough

Need simple OMOptim example/walkthrough

Can someone on this forum provide an OMOptim input file I can use to get familiar with OMOptim?  The .mo files I've tried produce compile errors or other types of problems.  If I had a simple input file in the correct format, I'd be able to run it and see how OMOptim works.  I'm using the nightly build of OMOptim on ubuntu 11.04.  There are a few pages of rather general documentation on OMOptim, but at the moment there's no worked example or walkthrough showing exactly how to use OMOptim.

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Need simple OMOptim example/walkthrough

Currently OMOptim does not work on Ubuntu 11.04 neither 10.10 at least for me. I've created a bug report for that issue: http://openmodelica.ida.liu.se:8080/cb/issue/1565

On Windows it does work well. To get familiar with OMOptim try to optimize a really small model with only few variables and parameters. 

so long.
Willi

OMOptim does appear to work in MS Windows, but I'm still getting a lot of error messages and documentation is minimal.  Can you insert a simple test case .mo file into the text of your reply?  Can I ignore the "scanned variables" widget in the selected parameters/selected objectives view?  How can I set the optimization parameters so it doesn't perform 15000 trials when I have only one variable to optimize?  Thanks in advance for answering a beginner's questions.

Dan

first a hello to all members,

thanks martin934 for your question. is it still true that OMOptim isn't running under ubuntu 11.04? so i've to use MS windows to check out whats possible with OMOptim?
when i load a model with OMOptim under ubuntu 11.04 (stable build) i get the message "Model loaded successfully" but there's no possibility to define a problem or to do something else.

if someone would provide an example for OMOptim i would be highly interested.

thanks in advance
gplssm

This bug is still open:
https://openmodelica.org:8443/cb/issue/ … ation=true
I'm also really looking forward to have this solved.

thanks for your reply. with a bad feeling in my belly i switch on windows and startet OMOptim. it's kind of working. so i tried to do a little optimization exercise with a small modell. i used a few models connected by a system model. everything is working fine with OMEdit and can be simulated. when i load it with OMOptim i get the message

Model "system" failed to compile

. i won't bother you with these beginner issues but it's really hard for me to get in contact with OMOptim... As martin asked before, does someone have an example for the usage of OMOptim?
lot of thanks for your support.
gplssm

The above mentioned bug is resolved. Thank you!

...but anyway I still cannot get it to work. Or maybe I am too stupid.

I tried it with Mechanics.Translational.Examples.Damper:

I set springDamper3.d as optimized variable with min 20 and max 30.
As objective i defined to minimize springDamper3.f.

Simulations are running, but I get no results.
In OMOptim temp directory I find always "inf" in the second column of the iteration*.sav files...

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: