Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

32-bit FMI using OMEdit (MSL 3.2.3.)

32-bit FMI using OMEdit (MSL 3.2.3.)

Hello,

I need to generate, using OMEdit, a 32-bit FMU, standard Model Exchange, format 2.0. I also have to use the MSL 3.2.3.

What version of OM do you recommend for this task? Do I need a 32-bit version to generate 32-bit FMU?

Thanks,
Sara

Edited by: sarasalamone - Mar-10-21 09:20:32

Re: 32-bit FMI using OMEdit (MSL 3.2.3.)

You can use your normal OpenModelica if you have Docker installed.

If you want to create a 32bit Linux FMU you need to set

Code:

platforms={"i686-linux-gnu docker run docker.openmodelica.org/build-deps:v1.13-i386"}

This will download the latest docker image docker.openmodelica.org/build-deps:v1.13-i386 and compile the binaries for the FMU inside the container.

Currently there is no dialog option for this in OMEdit though, see ticket https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/6009.
You can create a mos script exportFMU.mos to generate your FMU, something like

Code:

loadModel(Modelica,{3.2.3}); getErrorString();
loadFile("path/To/Your/File.mo"); getErrorString();
translateModelFMU(ModelName, version="2.0", fmuType="me", platforms={"i686-linux-gnu docker run docker.openmodelica.org/build-deps:v1.13-i386"}); getErrorString();

and execute it with omc

Code:

$omc exportFMU.mos

I assume you're on Windows. If you don't manage with docker then the easiest is to install the 32bit OpenModelica and use that.
We should be able to compile a 32bit version from the 64bit OpenModelica but we haven't implemented that yet.

Thanks for the indication!

Best regards

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: