Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

compiler flags for new front end

compiler flags for new front end

How to use debug flags like bltdump in the openmodelica 1.14 version

Re: compiler flags for new front end

To activate the new front-end you have:

Code:

-d=newInst

You can add more after it like this:

Code:

-d=newInst,bltdump,execstat

Hello Adrpo,

I understand that 1.14 comes with new compiler front end as default and old front end can be selected by choosing ‘Enable old front end for code generation’ in OMEdit. I did not know the purpose of activation of new front end by –d=newInst.

I am using OpenModelica v1.14.0 (64-bit) on a windows 7 system. With or without –d=newInst, bltdump is not working as expected.

Can you give more detail as what doesn't work as expected? Also, there is no space after the comma in:

Code:

–d=newInst,bltdump

I have 1.13.2 version on windows 10 64bit system and 1.14.0 version on windows 7 64bit system.

Let us take the example of bouncing ball on 1.13.2 version on windows 10 64bit system. If I use the command ‘-d=bltdump’ in Tools --> Options --> Simulation --> OMC Command Line Options, it dumps the variables, equations and other related information under the heading ‘Scripting Notifications’ in the messages browser.

Now let us take the same example on 1.14.0 version on windows 7 64bit system. Additional translations flags under Tools --> Options --> Simulation is left empty. Under simulations setup translation flags tab, ‘-d=newInst,bltdump’ is codded. Upon compilation /simulation, the messages browser is empty and there is no dump of variables and equations.
How to get the dump of variables, and equations in 1.14?

How to add attachments to this reply?

Edited by: prims - Jan-14-20 05:36:06

Ouch. This seems to be a bug, -d=bltdump doesn't seem to produce output anymore, doesn't matter if is the new or the old front-end. I will check more.
Made a ticket for it: https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/5787

Edited by: adrpo - Jan-14-20 11:21:53

I am relatively new to Modelica and I would like to set some compiler flags.
I know how to set Simulation and Translation Flags but for the Compiler flags I do not.
I know where to put them I just don't seem to get them right. I checked the OM Users Guide (Ch. 16) for more information but somehow I still cannot figure out how to use them.
Lets say I want to use the flag: simplifyLoops
How do I set that flag?
I am using OpenModelica 1.14.1

You can set this in,

Code:

Simulation Setup->Translation Flags->Additional Translation Flags

In the additinal translation flags textbox write,

Code:

--simplifyLoops=1

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic