Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Error: Process failed to start: No such file or directory

Error: Process failed to start: No such file or directory

Dear all,

I tried to run example models in the modelica standard library and building library with OpenModelica v1.14.0-dev-26550-g915982a816 (64-bit), check of models completed successfully but the simulation didn't execute.

The following error occurred:
In compilation window: 'C:/Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
In output window: Process failed to start: No such file or directory.

I would really appreciate any kind of hints/help.

Best wishes,

Re: Error: Process failed to start: No such file or directory

Hi,

We tried to fix a bug (https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/4504)
that did not allowed OpenModelica to be installed in C:\Program Files\OpenModelica
but it seems is only partially fixed.

Until we completely fix this issue, you need to uninstall OpenModelica and install it in a directory without a space, such as:
C:\OpenModelica\

Then it should work fine to build and simulate models.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Edited by: adrpo - Jun-18-19 09:04:17

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your help, I installed as you recommaned OM in the C:\OpenModelica\  and it works well on some example models now,
but there is still some models that I can't run in MSL and Building library(such as MSL/Fluid/Examples/HeatingSystem and Buildings/Examples/Tutorial/Boiler/System2-7).
I read your past reply "most of them should work but some of therm are there as partial components of the bigger examples. Even if you use Dymola you cannot compile those models." But I am not sure why it didn't work because I think they(MSL/Fluid/Examples/HeatingSystem and Buildings/Examples/Tutorial/Boiler/System2-7) are Independent systems.

Thank you again for your help.

We are striving to achieve full coverage of all open source Modelica libraries with OMC, but we are not there yet. This is the main goal of release 2.0.0, which will come a the end of this year/beginning of 2020.

You can check the coverage of many open-source libraries with the current development version of OMC from this link: https://libraries.openmodelica.org/branches/master/; this is what you get with the latest nightly build.

A summary of the coverage with the development version and with past versions is available here: https://libraries.openmodelica.org/branches/master/.

You can monitor the progress from those links.

Hi casella

Thank you for your reply and work on the development. I will continue to follow up.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: