Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Select C optimization level

Select C optimization level

I would like to compare compiling and execution speeds of some of my models using the O0, O1, O2, O3 flags.
How can I select these flags from OMEdit?
I looked at the documentation but could not find the answer.
Thanks

Re: Select C optimization level

https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModeli … eneral-tab

C/C++ Compiler Flags (Optional) – the optional C/C++ compiler flags

Adeel.

it worked, thank you.
I've seen that for me it is best to use nearly always -O0. Is there a way to make this the default choice?
Thanks again.

Unfortunately, there is no way to make this a default choice.

Adeel.

Ah, thank you.
This is rather limiting for teaching.

For teaching we change models continuously, and therefore savings in time during compilation make classrooms much better.
According to a few simple tests,  with O0 I have 20% time savings as an average, which is very significant in a classroom of students.
It seems that today to have O0 you must:
- set the C/C++ compiler flag for a model and, simultaneously simulate (if you set it for a given model thinking to simulate later you lose it)
- for any new model you must add that flag manually
- this flag is not saved into models, so are not retained between sessions.
It is too complicated to be used with students.

Do you think there is a simple way to add somewhere the possibility to set optimisation level for all models, all simulations?
Maybe I'm not the only one having this need, and therefore I plan to set a ticket on this. Beforehand, I will make some other speed tests.

Yes please make a ticket about it. I believe saving this inside a model doesn't make sense but we could have a global optimization option that all models use during the compilation.

Adeel.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic