Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Modelica Fluid

Modelica Fluid

Hello, I’m a student and I start on Modelica, my objective is to create a program modeling a system with two tanks and a pipe. The result may be an oscillation but I get a volume decreasing and stabilizing.
We are looking for the unsteady solution, so water level should oscillate in time if there is no viscosity. When I use Modelica, it founds a steady solution (constant level).
So my question is : how can I do to take into account kinetic energy ?
Thanks
Natacha

Edited by: Natacha - May-06-19 06:29:36

Re: Modelica Fluid

are the two tank at the same levels? If so, you need to change the initial value (open the block and click on the Initialization tab)

The fluid level on each tank is different. In the first tank we have 1.5m and in the second 1m.
So we had already change the initial value.
We are looking for the unsteady solution : if we impose different initial levels in the two tanks, we expect that the solution is an oscilation of the fluid level, until the viscosity plays it's role and damps the oscilations.
To get this unsteady behaviour, Modelica should take into account kinetic energy in the impulse balance equation and default option is to neglect this.

Cf
https://www.maplesoft.com/documentation … ssels.html
where it is said "Heights of ports as well as kinetic and potential energy of fluid enering or leaving are not taken into account anymore".
In the open tank model.

I cannot believe that it does not exist a possibility to take into account kinetic energy.

Edited by: Natacha - May-09-19 09:55:30

does anyone have any idea?

Edited by: Natacha - May-21-19 06:42:58
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic