Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

OMOptim Tutorials

OMOptim Tutorials

Hello, i want to optimize a parameter so that a certain simulation variable reaches a desired maximum value. I could only find this instruction:
https://www.openmodelica.org/doc/OpenMo … ation.html

But it seems not up to date and i need more information to successfully optimize my problem

So far a could start the optimization but wihout beeing sucessful. I am not sure what the difference between "optimized variable", Sampling variables" "Parameters" and Objectives" is.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Best regards

Markus

Re: OMOptim Tutorials

Further, the programm is crashing all the time without warning and i cannot find the fault. Does anybody else experience these problems?

Unfortunately, OMOptim is a bit outdated and there is currently nobody, who is maintaining it.

Maybe you have more luck with an older version of OpenModelica. OMOptim was included in
2012, with the release 1.8.1, but maybe also the 1.9 and 1.9.1 probably have a better working
connection of OMOptim to OpenModelica.

Thank you, i tried it with the initial version 1.8.1 but without success, maybe i will try additional versions too, if i am successful i will post here.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic