Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Heat generation inside a vessel

Heat generation inside a vessel

Hi, i have a quite simple problem which i want to simulate. I have some heat generation inside a steel vessel filled with nitrogen and i want to compute the temperature and pressure rise inside the vessel. I have found the "ClosedVolume" model inside Modelica-Fluid-Vessels for this, but i am not sure if i use the correct heat transfer...

Inside the vessel a convection to nitrogen over a small surface should occur, so i connected the connection fluid port to the vessel heat port and enabled the heat transfer model for the vessel.

The strange thing is that the convection solid temperature and the convection fluid temperature are almost the same, i guess it is because of the ideal heat transfer model of the vessel but i do not really know. In addition, the thermal mass of the vessel should be connected to the fluid port of the nitrogen. Can someone give me a hint why this behaviour occurs or what i need to change in the system so that the heat transfer to the vessel is only over the small convection term?Volume heat transfer

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: