Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Simulating and exporting nested packages with OMShell or OMPython

Simulating and exporting nested packages with OMShell or OMPython

Hi everyone,

I have a Modelica package which contains a few nested packages, which I created using xogeny’s instructions in Modelica by Example. It’s organized as a directory containing a package.mo file and many subpackages as directories.

I can load this complete package in OMEdit without issue by loading the package.mo in the « mother package » directory, and then I can simulate any nested package or export files to FMU.

However, I’m trying to make a script that would load this package and then extract any file to an FMU. I have not found any way to do it with OpenModelica.

I tried the following OMShell commands :
        loadModel(Modelica);
        loadFile("package.mo"); // This is the mother package file, this command works
        loadFile("OneElement/package.mo"); // Doesn’t work
        loadModel(Toy_Exclude.OneElement); // Toy_Exclude is the « mother package », and this command doesn’t work either
        translateModelFMU("OneElement/OneElement.mo"); // Doesn’t work either, heh

In OMPython, I could not even load an OMCSession because python says there is no module named omniORB (even though I installed it using conda).

I’m using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, with OMEdit+OMC version 1.10.0~dev-706-g510e963-1.

Did I miss something ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Re: Simulating and exporting nested packages with OMShell or OMPython

Did you find a fix for this?
I am also on Ubuntu 14.04 and used "apt-get install omniORB omniidl omniidl-python" to install omniORB,
but I am als getting the ImportError: No module named omniORB

On Ubuntu 16.04 everything worked as expected.

Re: Simulating and exporting nested packages with OMShell or OMPython

Maybe the dependencies are wrong, because after installing some additional packages it now works.
I had to run

Code:

sudo apt-get install omniorb python-omniorb omniidl omniidl-python

to make it work.
Not sure whether the package

Code:

omniorb-idl

is also required.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: