Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Problem for starting with OpenModelica

Problem for starting with OpenModelica

Hello everybody!

I am a new french openmodelica user or I would rather be an openmodelica user.

Actually, I have a "fatal problem" with the soft. Indeed, when I open the notebook after installation, everything is ok. But, when I click on the first exemple (HelloWordl), there is a crash of the system and I have to kill the process manually.
Then, if I want to re-lauch the notebook, I can't. I have to restart my computer.
I have the same problem when I open a new file with a new cell: I can't evaluate this cell. And  a back-up leads to the same crash of the system.

I try several versions of openmodelica (1.5.0 RC1 and RC2, 1.4.5) and the results are the same. Maybe I didn't install all the softwares, or I didn't do the right "use protocol". Or maybe, is it the shell?

If you need more informations about my problem, please ask me.

I am in the windows xp pro (32 bits) environnement.
I hope that you will succeed in helping me.

Thank you.

Re: Problem for starting with OpenModelica

It sounds like maybe you are using a firewall software that blocks the OpenModelica process from communicating with OMNotebook. If so, OMShell will give you the same kind of errors.

If you kill the process manually, the omc.exe process will still be alive in the background. You also need to shut that down if a tool crashes.

Okay!

I didn't think that the firewall could be the problem.
Now, it works correctly and I can begin my project after 2 days of incomprehension and despair!

Thank you for this efficent answer.

Actually, It doesn't work correctly. I still have a problem with the evaluation. I try to fix it with a complete reinstallation but no result.
In the shell, I have this error message:
http://www.openmodelica.org/components/com_agora/img/members/95/In-the-shell.jpeg

But I found this file in the bin folder as we can see it:
http://www.openmodelica.org/components/com_agora/img/members/95/Copile-File.jpeg

(My firewall is desactivated now.)

So, do you have any idea of the reason of this problem?

Thanks a lot.

There is a major problem with mingw and using spaces in path names.
So installing in C:\Program Files\ will not work. It's too bad the installer won't detect this and scream. Maybe we should look for spaces in OPENMODELICAHOME and generate better error messages...

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: