Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » KaiGe

Hey everybody,

just to get this straight, is there any way to use Coolprop in Openmodelica that is really working? I have read lots of discussions about errors and tried different things and versions on my own but I couldn't make it work. I am able to tun the examples of the ExternalMedia Library that don't use Coolprop by either using OM 1.9.7 and the original ExternalMedia V3.2.1 or by using the nightly built OM 1.17.0 and the ExternalMedia V3.2.3 but none of it worked with the Coolprop examples...

Does anybody know if there is a way to make it work and could guide me through? I would really appreciate to get some help or information.

Thanks a lot in advance
Kai

Jan-19-21 07:46:55
Topic: coolprop
how to install coolprop and use it in the openmodelica

Hi everybody,

I'm facing the same problem. The examples of External Media are running but when I try to run my model, I get the same error:

c:/openmodelica1.9.7/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lExternalMediaLib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make: *** [omc_main_target] Error 1
Compilation process failed. Exited with code 2.

I also get this warning in advance. Does it have anything to do with it?

System_R134_a_functions.c: In function 'omc_Compressor__neu$heatPump$compressor__neu_MediumRefr_setState__ps':
System_R134_a_functions.c:213: warning: passing argument 4 of 'TwoPhaseMedium_setState_ps_C_impl' from incompatible pointer type
C:/OpenModelica1.9.7/lib/omlibrary/ExternalMedia 3.2.1/Resources/Include/externalmedialib.h:146: note: expected 'struct ExternalThermodynamicState *' but argument is of type 'struct Compressor__neu$heatPump$compressor__neu_MediumRefr_ThermodynamicState *'

My model works with R134a of the Modelica library but I would need to simulate some other refrigerants.

I would appreciate to get some help.
Thanks everybody
Kai

Hey,

I'm also having problems, even with the 32bit version.

I copied the .a-file and changed the name just like it says in the installation.txt but I also can't run any example. I'm using the openmodelica version of 1.16.0, maybe that is the problem. What is the latest version of modelica you have tested ExternalMediaLib with?

Furthermore, I can't get the 32bit version without crashing every few minutes. Is this also common?

Thanks everybody for your help!

Could you find the solution for that problem? I'm struggling with the same problem..

• Index
  • » Users
  • » KaiGe
You are here: