Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » vturnerbrc

Aug-17-21 17:40:42
OMEdit partially ran model and then process crashed

OMEdit 17 was running a model without issue. The last I had checked it had gotten to ~33% complete. Sometime after I checked and the process had crashed:

Process crashed
Process crashed
Simulation process failed. Exited with code 9.

Is there a list of OMEdit exit codes available?

Apr-09-21 17:29:41
Building 1.14.x on a Linux Mint 20

Thank-you again for the help. Was able to build in a fresh VM with your patch and then copy out to my host. Something funny about building on the host.

Apr-06-21 12:00:27

Thank-you for looking into this. I will try this out once the dust settles here. Working toward a deadline.

Apr-02-21 15:42:39

By the way, the configure step didn't give errors.

Apr-02-21 15:35:48

Thanks for the directions!

It seems I am missing something from SUNDIALS when I build with make:

In file included from ./simulation/solver/kinsolSolver.c:70:
OpenModelicaBuild/OpenModelica/build/include/omc/c/sundials/kinsol/kinsol_klu.h:25:10: fatal error: kinsol/kinsol_sparse.h: No such file or directory
   25 | #include "kinsol/kinsol_sparse.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[3]: *** [Makefile.common:225: build/c/./simulation/solver/kinsolSolver.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
./simulation/solver/ida_solver.c:84:10: fatal error: idas/idas_klu.h: No such file or directory
   84 | #include <idas/idas_klu.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

I did go and manually install libsundials-kinsol3. I see the Download directions say to install kinsol1.

I'm needing to build 1.14 since we were having issues with OMEdit in 1.16 specifically in regard to the fluid library. OMEdit 1.16 was unstable on Linux Mint and the fluid library did not help.

Apr-02-21 14:24:06

As I understand the installation guide for building from sources, it is for building the current version of OpenModelica on an older distro. I have the reverse problem: building an old version (1.14.1) on a new version of Linux: Mint 20. This is my first foray into building a package from sources on a Linux system; so I'm not sure what to modify in the "Downloading source code from repository" section to get this to work.

If this is possible, might someone point out what I need to do differently to build 1.14.1 (or 2) on a new Linux distro? If instead there is a website out there to help a newbie, that would be much appreciated as well. Some internet searching gets one into the weeds fast on building packages from source. current/smile It seems like the OpenModelica repos have all the pieces to correctly configure the sources. I just don't know how.

Mar-30-21 10:44:02
Looking to use in parallel multiple OMCSessionZMQ instances on single machine

Thank-you!

Mar-30-21 01:41:19
Looking to use in parallel multiple OMCSessionZMQ instances on single machine

When multiple OMCSessionZMQ objects are created on a single machine, do these session instances all communicate to the same modelica compiler; or is each instance communicating with its own compiler?

I ask because I am wanting to run in parallel many tasks:

1. Create OMCSessionZMQ instance and load a model
2. Manipulate the model: change component names, alter connections
3. Dump model to XML
4. Perform analysis on XML with another tool

The question is if I have multiple Python interpreters working through those steps in parallel, do we get a fresh unaltered model each time we load it? Or do we get a model that has been manipulated by another session?

Feb-10-21 18:37:43
After deleting and adding connections, is there an API endpoint to call to "save" a model?
Feb-10-21 17:58:22
After deleting and adding connections, is there an API endpoint to call to "save" a model?

We are needing to delete connections, add components, and then add connections on a model via a script. Ideally I'd like to use OMPython.

I have been looking at the logs OMEdit products, and I see calls to the server for deleting, adding components, and add connections (deleteConnection, addConnection, etc.). I don't see a call where OMEdit "saves" a model though. Is that done by listing the model contents and writing those straight to the .mo file or did I miss the call?

I do frequently see calls to the diff endpoint.

Nov-06-20 14:43:18
Is it possible to get the name and type or the annotation of a class variable

Thank-you! This is precisely what we needed. Knowing OMEdit has that log will be very helpful to see what other API endpoints are available.

What is the difference in meaning of elements vs components?

Nov-06-20 13:48:12
Is it possible to get the name and type or the annotation of a class variable

Is it possible via OMShell (or via OMPython) to get a listing of the variables in a class with the type and variable name or get the annotation on a variable?

I see the list(<type>) command; but parsing that doesn't seem trivial.

Sep-20-20 00:15:30
Can omc include annotation information when writing its output to XML?

Hello,
I am new to Modelica; so please excuse my ignorance here. We are trying to use omc to export modelica models to some format where we could read the annotations that are included in the model. XML output would be preferable.

I have been working with the following trivial model: FirstOrder.mo

I have been using the following command to export to XML:

Code:

omc -s --simCodeTarget=XML --showStructuralAnnotations=true --showAnnotations=true FirstOrder.mo

My omc version is: OpenModelica 1.16.0~dev.03-2-g99ae661

The XML is generated without error; and I see a vendor annotation in the XML. I do not see any content from my annotation though. My understanding of annotations in modelica is that tools that transform models are "supposed" to maintain the annotation content. Is it possible to get the compiler to include annotation content?

• Index
  • » Users
  • » vturnerbrc
You are here: