Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Jodeiri

Oct-13-20 08:38:06
My simple Modelica code is as follows and received the error: Function Vectors.interpolate not...
Category: Programming

The equation should be thetas_sens = interpolate(barycenters, thetas, x_sens) since I have already imported the package Vectors.

Oct-13-20 08:03:09
My simple Modelica code is as follows and received the error: Function Vectors.interpolate not...

Hello,
My simple Modelica code is as follows and received the error: Function Vectors.interpolate not found in scope interpo.

Code:

model interpo

import Modelica.SIunits.{Temperature, Length};
  import Modelica.Math.Vectors.interpolate;
  parameter Temperature thetas[5] = {45, 46, 54, 48, 51};
  parameter Length barycenters[5] ={2, 4, 6, 8, 10};
  parameter Length x_sens[3] = {3,5,7};
  Temperature thetas_sens[3];

equation
thetas_sens = Vectors.interpolate(barycenters, thetas, x_sens);

end interpo;

I would appreciate if you could help.

May-13-20 09:41:39
How to set “simulation setup” to use IDA in OpenModelica?

Hi,

I am going to perform sensitivity analysis on a model developed in OpenModelica. Based on the link below I intended to do it via IDA:

https://openmodelica.org/doc/OpenModeli … ivity.html

I set the "simulation setup" as it is advised in this link, but unfortunately I get failed in simulating the model; the error is shown below:

IDA## set IDASensInit failed!

I'd appreciate if you could help me with this regard and of course if you provide me with a document in more detail using IDAS in OM.
Thanks and regards,

Amir

May-11-20 09:13:13
Topic: OMPython
OMPython does not run in Python.

Hi All,

I am going to perform parametric analysis in OpenModelica; So, I noticed I need to do it through OMPython. I've got it in my OpenModelica folder. I installed Python 3.8, Anconda 3 (64 bit). I downloaded PyZMQ in Anaconda folder; but when I type: "import OMPython" in Python, I receive error. Would you please advise?

Regards,

Dear Forum Members,

I have developed a model in OpenModelica and I would like to calibrate it by parametric analysis. I would appreciate if you could reply to my following questions:
- Is it possible to do this analysis via OMOptim?
- If not, what would be the ways to do so?
- How to do parametric analysis for a model built in Dymola?

Thank you for your attention.

Feb-28-20 11:52:41
How can we change the location of inlet and outlet of the enhanced stratified tank in Buildings...

Dear all,

I am currently working on developing models of stratified storage tanks via buildings library in OpenModelica. The comparison that has been already made between Stratified and Enhanced Stratified tanks in this library is my interest; However, I would like to simulate the situation that the tank is fully charged and it is going to be discharged. Therefore, I would have inlet and outlet at the bottom and top of the tank respectively which is opposite in built-in example. I have done it for the Stratified tank easily, but the situation will be complicated for the Enhanced Stratified tank as it includes "str" and "H_Vol_Flow" that act as links between ports and mixing volume component. I would be very grateful if you could help me with this regard?

Kind regards,

Jodeiri

Feb-18-20 15:37:17
What is the proper partial model to be used for modeling a four-port stratified heat storage...

Dear Carlos,

Thanks for getting back to me!
Before reading your new reply, I was trying to build a new ThirdOrderStratifier ('str') considering two fluid streams. However, I'll try to instantiate a model from StratifiedEnhanced with FluPorVol. I hope it will be locally balanced with equal number of equations and unknowns.

Kind regards,

--
Amir

Feb-18-20 13:30:46
What is the proper partial model to be used for modeling a four-port stratified heat storage...

Hi Carlos,

The goal of my study is to reduce numerical dissipation within the heat storage. Therefore, I have to Enhanced Stratified model which does not have FluPorVol ( please see: Buildings.Fluid.Storage.UsersGuide for detailed information) as you indicated in your last reply. Therefore, I went through the 'str model (ThirdOrderStratifier) and I noticed that there is (or theoretically should be) one inlet and one outlet for this model to have the diffusion reduced.   

Feb-17-20 10:53:11

Dear Carlos,

Thanks for your reply.
In our lab, we've got a hot water storage that has two inlets and two outlets. Based on your advice, (if I understood properly) we can have two water sources from one port, let's say port_a; similarly, two water sinks connected to port_b. Now, the question is that: is it possible to have these sources with different mass flowrate and temperature?
My second question is relevant to your second part of your answer (str: stratified zone). Have you given this explanation to show that the first part of your answer (procedure) would be compatible with the second part OR you just mentioned it to propose the second solution?

Appreciate your consideration.

Regards,

--
Amir

Feb-14-20 10:17:11

Dear All,

I am planning to model a stratified heat storage with four ports (2 inlets and 2 outlets) using the Building Library. The examples in this library are made based on the 2 ports. There are four-port partial models, but I am not sure which one suits as some are for transport (PartialFourPortInterface: inlet ports are in opposite sides of outlet ports) and in PartialFourPortParallel seems that the fluid streams will not be mixed and they just exchange the heat like in a heat exchanger. I would appreciate any comment or advice with this regard.

Regards,

--
Amir   

I am very thankful for your profound and useful comments. I got the answer to my last question.
Regards,

Thanks for your reply.
After reading your response, this question came to my mind that models are very similar to classes and they do not have limitations in case of simulation and they can be run without any problem (Fritzson's book). Doesn't this statement apply to the "stratified storage tank" model?

Title
Dear All,

In order to use a model of the stratified tank in the Building library which is included in the OpenModelica, I just checked the model. It gave me a Translation Error as: "Output parameter state was not assigned a value". When I click on the error, it opens another model (Modelica.Media). I have not expected that I would receive an error while simulating a model from somehow a built-in package (Building Library). Would you please advise me on how to resolve this error? The address of the model is: Building.Fluid.Storage.Stratified

Thank you.

Regards,

--
Jodeiri

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Jodeiri
You are here: