Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » Alexxx

Aug-18-18 22:28:33
I want to compute the heat transfer coefficient for convection with media data

Hello justnielson,

i tried to use your code for the properties of N2.
But in my case it didn't work as well.

I want to programm a horizontal surface with natural convection. And it always asks me for the temperature. But I want to give it the fix-temperature on the left and on right side of the surface and not just one fix temperature for both sides.

But I don't know how to tell Modelica, that it uses the properties for the current temperature.

I would be pleased, if you could help me.

Best regards

Alexxx

Aug-15-18 22:01:27
How to use the Modelica media database?
Category: Programming

Hello Modelica Community,
i'm studiing in the seventh Semester of mechanical engineering and because of an University Project, I just started programming in Modelica. In the end it should be possible to solve different heat-transfer problems. At first I programmed a horizontal surface with natural convection.

The Programm works like I have expected. In a first step I used a medium with constant properties, but it’s not from the Modelica-database. I created one by my own.
But now I want to implement a medium that works with the ideal-gas-equation. I’ve seen there are some in the Modelica-Media-Database.

I tried to understand how to integrate such a medium, but I wasn’t very succesful.

I would be pleased, if somebody could help me with my problem.

Kind regards,
Alexander

• Index
  • » Users
  • » Alexxx
You are here: