Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Heat transfer coefficient calculation

Heat transfer coefficient calculation

Hello all,
i have a convection problem were i want to use the empirical formulas for computing the heat transfer coefficient. I already have a working model. So far, i used a constant for the heat transfer coefficient input in the convection model. Now i want to compute the heat transfer coefficient based on empircal data, so i need the media data. I have a closed volume with nitrogen as gas data, but i unluckely have nu glue how i can get data like the kinematic viscosity, thermal conductivity, heat capacity and density out to the modelling surface. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Best Regards,

Markus

Re: Heat transfer coefficient calculation

Markus,

Your question is a bit unclear to me. If you just want to look up medium properties of gaseous nitrogen, use the following code:

Code:

package N2 = Modelica.Media.IdealGases.SingleGases.N2 "Short name N2";
  N2.ThermodynamicState state = N2.setState_pT(p,T) "Assuming that you have pressure and temperature as state variables";
  N2.ThermalConductivity lambda = N2.thermalConductivity(state);
  N2.DynamicViscosity mu = N2.dynamicViscosity(state);
  N2.SpecificHeatCapacity cp = N2.specificHeatCapacityCp(state);
  N2.Density rho = N2.density(state);

Best regards,
Rene Just Nielsen

Hello justnielson,

i tried to use your code for the properties of N2.
But in my case it didn't work as well.

I want to programm a horizontal surface with natural convection. And it always asks me for the temperature. But I want to give it the fix-temperature on the left and on right side of the surface and not just one fix temperature for both sides.

But I don't know how to tell Modelica, that it uses the properties for the current temperature.

I would be pleased, if you could help me.

Best regards

Alexxx

Hi Alexxx,

It sounds to me as if you need a discretized model of your surface with N horizontal cells/control volumes to make up a temperature profile in two directions. If that is your case you must decide on a discretization scheme for your problem and look up the medium properties at each temperature in a cell.

Best regards,
Rene Just Nielsen

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: