Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » lewis_jeffery

Nov-10-12 23:19:00
Category: Developer

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried apt-get install ompython.   The message is that the package is already installed.   I still cannot see PythonInterface directory and install.py under .../share/omc/scripts.

Does it install somewhere else under Ubuntu?

Nov-10-12 01:34:57

I am using r13845 on Ubuntu 11.10.   I would like to use OMPython but do not see "install.py" in /usr/share/omc/scripts/PythonInterface.   Any tips please?

regards,
Lewis

Jan-24-12 23:43:27

I have installed r10948.   That works.

Thanks for your help.

Lewis

Jan-22-12 08:41:24

I have installed a recent nightly build (10929) on a fresh Ubuntu 10.10 (virtual) machine.

OMedit appears to work well allowing models to be opened and edited.   Executing a model results in an error after compile and execute has finished.   The error message is "Following error has occurred.  Unknown error."  The plot window does not open.

The output file for the model run is written and appears to be correct.

Also, I can export the model to OMNotebook and the model runs, complete with graphical output.

Appreciate your advice.

Regards,
Lewis

Jun-14-11 11:49:37
DrControl workbook has large "white space" sections. Missing diagrams

Thanks.  It works nicely now.

Lewis

Jun-14-11 07:27:50

Thanks for the update.  I have install r9274 but that does not make a fully functioning OMNotebook.   There are icons (not the desired image) where the images should be, rather than whitespace.  On exiting OMNotebook I get the message "cannot remove /Applications/Macports/OMNotebook_tempfiles/1.png".   This folder does not exist in /Applications/MacPorts.   Making the folder r/w for all does not solve the problem.

Appreciate your advice.

Lewis

Jun-13-11 01:48:01

I have solved this problem by changing the permissions on /Applications/MacPorts to grant r/w to everyone.   I don't think this is the ideal fix but it does allow OMNotebook_Tempfiles to be written there and OMNotebook seems to work just fine.

Writing these files to TMPDIR or a similar location would be a better solution.

I have tried defining various other common names for TMPDIR (TMP, TEMP, etc) just in case I have the wrong environment variable but I have not found one that works.

Regards,
Lewis

Apr-14-11 02:23:26

I have installed the tagged binary 1.7.0 ALPHA for OSX.  When I open DrControl I see the expected text and large areas of white space where I would expect to see diagrams.

I can see a new directory $HOME/OMNotebook_tempfiles that contains PNG images with the kind of equations I would expect to see in a control primer.

Is this a bug or am I missing something like an environment variable?

Regards,
Lewis

I use Eclipse on OSX but have never managed to get as far as you have.   I unset TMPDIR and use Eclipse for it's editor and code completion only.  I use OMEdit (now that it behaves nicely with packages) to run, examine results and make minor edits. 

This means changing TMPDIR each time but that is the price to get the nice code completion of Eclipse plus the convenient output display of OMEdit.

Thanks for introducing .app for MACs in recent versions of OM.  This is a nice feature.

Since installing a recent version (8055) I have not been able to plot when using OMEdit.   The simulation runs and the log reports "true" after the "plot" command has been issued but the plot window does not open.   The .mat file is produced and has the correct content.  Same for .plt if that option is selected.   This looks similar to me to a recent issue (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mis … ica/1164).

I have also observed the following when attempting to plot;

1.  run simulation.  resultxxx.mat is correctly produced
2.  "plot".  There is no response but the OMC log reports "true"
3.  rerun simulation selecting .plt output and the simulation fails with the usual "check OPENMODELICAHOME" message.
4.  rerun simulation selecting .mat and the simulation still fails.
5.  quit OMEdit, restart and run simulatiion with either .plt or .mat ouput and the simulation runs. (but no plot still)

Appreciate any advice.

Lewis

Mar-04-11 00:59:13
Save function does still not work

I can now save packages.   Thanks!

I still get the message "There are unsaved models.  Are sure you want to quit?".   After accepting "yes" and checking, the edit has been recorded in the package file as it should.

One of the package models has an asterix on the tab, signifying there are unsaved changes.   Going directly to that tab and pushing "save" results in the "this will be automatically saved with the package" message.

Lewis

Mar-02-11 10:18:50
Save function does still not work

Was there a resolution to this?  Packages still do not save for me.

Lewis

Feb-15-11 12:59:48
plot() does not work in OMShell on OSX

The evil little window remains elusive...

Wombat:~ lewis$ unset OPENMODELICAHOME
Wombat:~ lewis$ cd Models/junk/
Wombat:junk lewis$ /opt/local/bin/omc a.mos
true
record SimulationResult
    resultFile = "A_res.plt",
    simulationOptions = "startTime = 0.0, stopTime = 1.0, numberOfIntervals = 500, tolerance = 1e-06, method = 'dassl', fileNamePrefix = 'A', storeInTemp = false, noClean = false, options = '', outputFormat = 'plt'",
    messages = "",
    timeFrontend = 0.00562785,
    timeBackend = 0.000820135,
    timeSimCode = 0.001637659,
    timeTemplates = 0.001910501,
    timeCompile = 0.967065621,
    timeSimulation = 0.032840318,
    timeTotal = 1.010072317
end SimulationResult;
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
  what():  basic_string::_S_construct NULL not valid
Abort trap

I am using OMShell.  The environment variables work for OMEdit and MDT (excepting for TMPDIR in MDT, subject of recent post)

Feb-12-11 09:49:58
plot() does not work in OMShell on OSX

I am getting models to simulate fine using OM 1.6 on OSX.   A plt file is generated and the data plotted successfully with other tools. After the plot({...}) command the value "true" is returned but no plot window is opened and no plot displayed.

Appreciate your advice.

Regards,
Lewis

Feb-12-11 06:30:43
MDT gives up trying to connect to OMC

Thanks.  Unsetting TMPDIR gets it to work.  I will advise Adrian.

Feb-11-11 08:42:20
MDT gives up trying to connect to OMC

I am using Eclipse with the latest version of MDT.   OMC does not appear to be found although the environment variables are set such that OMEdit works.   The message on the Eclipse status bar is "OpenModelica Compiler null is online".

I am using OSX 10.6.6

A copy of the report from Eclipse is attached.

Appreciate any advice.

Regards,
Lewis

Wombat:~ lewis$ $OPENMODELICAHOME
-bash: /opt/local/: is a directory
Wombat:~ lewis$ $OPENMODELICALIBRARY
-bash: /opt/local/lib/omlibrary/msl32/: is a directory

Wombat:~ lewis$ /Applications/Eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse
OMCSTATUS: Will look for OMC object reference in '/tmp/openmodelica.lewis.objid.mdt'.
OMCSTATUS: No OMC object reference found, starting server.
OMCSTATUS: Using OPENMODELICAHOME environment variable to find omc-binary
OMCSTATUS: No omc binary at: [/opt/local/omc]
OMCSTATUS: Using omc-binary at '/opt/local/bin/omc'
OMCSTATUS: Will look for OMC object reference in '/tmp/openmodelica.lewis.objid.mdt'.
OMCSTATUS: Running command: /opt/local/bin/omc +c=mdt +d=interactiveCorba +g=MetaModelica
OMCSTATUS: Setting working directory to: /opt/local
OMCSTATUS: Command run successfully.
OMCSTATUS: Waiting for OMC CORBA object reference to appear on disk.
Created server.
Dumped Corba IOR in file: /var/folders/Cu/CurnYirfFT4kxVXSwUVsQE+++TI/-Tmp-//openmodelica.lewis.objid.mdt
Started the Corba ORB thread with id: 0x1077d4000
org.modelica.mdt.core.compiler.ConnectException: Unable to read OpenModelica Compiler CORBA object from /tmp/openmodelica.lewis.objid.mdt
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.readObjectFromFile(OMCProxy.java:191)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.init(OMCProxy.java:474)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.sendExpression(OMCProxy.java:558)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.loadSourceFile(OMCProxy.java:854)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.loadSourceFile(OMCProxy.java:1)
    at org.modelica.mdt.core.CompilerProxy.loadSourceFile(CompilerProxy.java:207)

lines edited out

org.modelica.mdt.core.compiler.ConnectException: Unable to read OpenModelica Compiler CORBA object from /tmp/openmodelica.lewis.objid.mdt
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.readObjectFromFile(OMCProxy.java:191)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.init(OMCProxy.java:474)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.sendExpression(OMCProxy.java:558)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.loadSourceFile(OMCProxy.java:854)
    at org.modelica.mdt.omc.OMCProxy.loadSourceFile(OMCProxy.java:1)
    at org.modelica.mdt.core.CompilerProxy.loadSourceFile(CompilerProxy.java:207)

lines edited out

OMCSTATUS: The OMC Corba object reference file has not been modified in 100 seconds; we give up starting OMC.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » lewis_jeffery
You are here: