Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Plotting with OMEdit on OSX

Plotting with OMEdit on OSX

Thanks for introducing .app for MACs in recent versions of OM.  This is a nice feature.

Since installing a recent version (8055) I have not been able to plot when using OMEdit.   The simulation runs and the log reports "true" after the "plot" command has been issued but the plot window does not open.   The .mat file is produced and has the correct content.  Same for .plt if that option is selected.   This looks similar to me to a recent issue (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mis … ica/1164).

I have also observed the following when attempting to plot;

1.  run simulation.  resultxxx.mat is correctly produced
2.  "plot".  There is no response but the OMC log reports "true"
3.  rerun simulation selecting .plt output and the simulation fails with the usual "check OPENMODELICAHOME" message.
4.  rerun simulation selecting .mat and the simulation still fails.
5.  quit OMEdit, restart and run simulatiion with either .plt or .mat ouput and the simulation runs. (but no plot still)

Appreciate any advice.

Lewis

Re: Plotting with OMEdit on OSX

I really do hope the replacement plot widget is completed soon current/smile
Anyway, after calling plot(), all subsequent system() calls fail due to:

Code:

ERROR: system(OPENMODELICAHOME=\"$OPENMODELICAHOME\" /opt/openmodelica/share/omc/scripts/Compile Modelica.Electrical.Analog.Examples.CharacteristicThyristors ) failed: Interrupted system call

The workaround is to start $PREFIX/bin/OMPlotWindow before running the plot-command in omc.

The bug report is here: https://openmodelica.org:8443/cb/issue/1444
I might have a look in the weekend (work=Linux; home=iMac).

Re: Plotting with OMEdit on OSX

This is working in r8102+

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic