Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » sprl111

Feb-28-17 13:49:24
Application has Requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

OK.  Sounds good.  I'll do that.

Feb-23-17 19:20:31

So I finally was able to get back to this model and the Open Modelica crashing problem.  My noise update period was a picosecond and my model time increment was also a picosecond.  My model simulation duration was 120 usec.  I discovered that when I only ran the simulation to 1 usec things worked fine.  I learned what I wanted to learn with this shortened simulation so I didn't pursue the problem at the longer run time.  So, I'm not sure why Open Modelica was crashing but it had something to do with a longer simulation time.  All I can say is My LT SPICE has no problem with huge simulation times and picosecond time increments. These kind of settings are not so uncommon in the circuit simulation world.  Of course, to my knowledge  LT Spice has no facility for additive noise in the time domain or sampling or digital filtering which this Modelica model incorporated. 

Feb-16-17 16:52:05

Open Modelica is crashing when I run my model which includes Modelica_Synchronous blocks and a Normal Noise block.  I get two message dialogs.  The first one was a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library dialog that said, "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."  The second dialog was an OMEdit dialog that said, "OMEdit has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

My model source code is attached below.

Anyone have a clue why this  might happen?

Thank you.

MyModelicaLibrary.mo

Feb-16-17 16:41:42
Simulation Process Failed, suspect Modelica_Synchronous

Running the model in the latest Open Modelica version worked. current/big_smile   

Feb-14-17 20:48:00

Ok.  I submitted a ticket and attached the text file.  Thanks.

Feb-14-17 20:29:31

Hello,

When simulating a model that passed the "Check Model" I received a "Simulation Process Failed.  Exited with code 255." error.  The model consists of a couple of continuous blocks (pulse train & filter) and then a sampler and digital filter using the Modelica_Synchronous library.  A pdf of the block diagram is attached as well as the Output and Compilation text.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what might have caused this?

Output-Compilation.txt

Model.pdf

Feb-10-17 21:22:08
Translation Error No system for the symbolic initialization was generated
Category: Programming

Hello,

When trying to simulate a model I got the error, "Translation Error No system for the symbolic initialization was generated".  That's all it said.  I have no idea what this is telling me.  The model did pass the "Check Model".  Also, it was running fine in Wolfram System Modeler. 

So, will anyone please shed some light on what this might be?

Thanks.

lochel,

In Peter Fritzson's book he talks about preventing inline functions with an annotation.  But, you are saying to use -d=-inlineFunctions.  Is this a Modelica language thing or is it something unique to Open Modelica?  Is this a directive? Also, where exactly in the code does one place it?

Thanks.

Roger

Ok.  Thanks for the quick response.  Beats the hell out of Wolfram's so called technical support with their Modelica product! current/smile

I also tried to simulate the normalNoise component in Open Modelica which is contained in the Modelica_Noise library that came with Open Modelica and it too had build errors. 

Hello,

Is the AdvancedNoise library supposed to run in the latest OpenModelica?  I tried to simulate the first example of the library and there were a boat load of build errors.  The check model was successful however.

• Index
  • » Users
  • » sprl111
You are here: