Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

Runtime terminated in unusual way

Runtime terminated in unusual way

Open Modelica is crashing when I run my model which includes Modelica_Synchronous blocks and a Normal Noise block.  I get two message dialogs.  The first one was a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library dialog that said, "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information."  The second dialog was an OMEdit dialog that said, "OMEdit has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

My model source code is attached below.

Anyone have a clue why this  might happen?

Thank you.

MyModelicaLibrary.mo

Re: Runtime terminated in unusual way

So I finally was able to get back to this model and the Open Modelica crashing problem.  My noise update period was a picosecond and my model time increment was also a picosecond.  My model simulation duration was 120 usec.  I discovered that when I only ran the simulation to 1 usec things worked fine.  I learned what I wanted to learn with this shortened simulation so I didn't pursue the problem at the longer run time.  So, I'm not sure why Open Modelica was crashing but it had something to do with a longer simulation time.  All I can say is My LT SPICE has no problem with huge simulation times and picosecond time increments. These kind of settings are not so uncommon in the circuit simulation world.  Of course, to my knowledge  LT Spice has no facility for additive noise in the time domain or sampling or digital filtering which this Modelica model incorporated. 

I suggest https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/newticket with more details on your simulation settings (the experiment annotation doesn't contain the settings). Default settings with stopTime=120e-6 simulates in 0.05s of wall time.

OK.  Sounds good.  I'll do that.

]Hi, I'm using OpenModelica v1.14.0 (32-bit) on windows 7 (32 bit)... when opening the physiolibrary and trying to run an example.. it stops and a message appears:

'the application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way

How can i fix the problem?
Thank you in advance

Edited by: Basma - Jan-03-20 08:50:34
There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: