Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » vajjalu

Thanks for that clarification - however, it does not answer my question exactly. If I create a library which implements external functions for my Modelica model, does that library (that I have created) have to be published as GPL? Thanks in advance.

-Prasant

It is my understanding that any code developed using a GPL library must be GPL too. However, anything developed using a GPL tool (e.g., gcc) does not have to be GPL. Hence, to the best of my knowledge, I can develop models and run them in OpenModelica and not have to publish them under GPL.

My question is - if my modelica model calls an external function - does the external library have to be published as GPL? Thanks.

-Prasant

Thanks for the info. Would something similar be possible if I try to link with an external Java module?

I am trying to call an external "C" function which has variable arguments from OpenModelica, however, the model code generated creates a prototype of the external function based on the actual type annd number of arguments passed to it. Is there anyway to get around this?

I essentially want to call functions in a python script from OpenModelica. Since this is not possible (to the best of my knowledge), I am trying to create a generic C++ interface between OpenModelica and Python (since python can be embedded in C++). The issue is for the interface to be generic, I must be able to accept any type and number of arguments from OpenModelica and accordingly pass them to a specified python script function.

Thanks in advance
-Prasant

• Index
  • » Users
  • » vajjalu
You are here: