Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » briancady413

Sep-15-14 21:59:46
XMILE is a model:program interface standard for SD models and programs. Comments accepted this...
Category: Developer

https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announc … mile-v1-0-

Hi Folks,

A month-long comment acceptance window on the in-development XMILE protocol for open source system dynamics model:software interface opened recently.
XMILE is 'an open XML protocol... for the sharing, interoperability, and reuse of System Dynamics models and simulations. '

Perhaps it would be fitting if open modelica accepted XMILE models, and maybe OM folks would want to shape XMILE together with the rest of the crew.

I aspire to be a open modelica user, have little system dynamics experience and haven't programmed anything in decades, and that was simple stuff.

Brian

I'd like to be able to show, on one plot, outputs by year that have different output ranges. As it is, the plot function nicely adjusts the graph to the most extreme output variable's range. I hope that plotted output lines can share an input timeline, and be graphed over the same 'page', yet have different y-ranges. Then, when running system dynamics' world3 model,  outputs like food per person per year, in hundreds of kilograms, will appear as changing when also plotting world population numbers per year, instead of just showing up as a horizontal line at the bottom of the graph.

In other words, wouldn't it be great if each plotted output variable could have it's own y-coordinate axis, while sharing compatible x-coordinate axes. The goal here is overlaying curves with orders-of-magnitude different output ranges automatically, so that the eye can compare rates of change of outputs.

Just a thought.

Jul-17-14 19:06:08
World3 Model in OM and first steps

Thanks, Sjoelund,

Jul-16-14 20:18:04
World3 Model in OM and first steps

Hi Folks,

I'm attempting to learn OpenModelica with SystemDynamics.mo 's World3 model. This is the SystemDynamics.mo that is said to be ready for MSL3, http://blog.wolfram.com/data/uploads/20 … cs-2.1.zip
I have opened it with OMEdit in OM 1.9.1+dev (r21495) .
While I can manually instantiate the world3 model via the 'simulate' pull-down menu, when I attempt to simulate, I get an error message stating that instantiation failed due to PACKAGE:
[:0:0-0:0] Error: Cannot instantiate SystemDynamics.WorldDynamics.World3 due to class specialization PACKAGE.
This is on a BioLinux7|Ubuntu|Debian system.
Clicking on Scenario 9 (&1,2,3...) opens a model with a flow chart. I'm not sure how to produce output graphs, though. I've simulated scenario 9, and gotten some output, but no graphs. (Still learning here).

Is MSL3 = Modelica Scripting Language 3?

Curiously,

Brian

• Index
  • » Users
  • » briancady413
You are here: