Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register
  • Index
  • » Users
  • » oliver.lenord

Jan-26-20 18:49:43
The OMEdit/Options Libraries dialog tab display the Modelica library, which is...

Thanks for the hint.
I had never scrolled down the window in the settings dialog and missed that there is a way to set user libraries.
This is a nice feature!

I also like the idea of using the OPENMODELICALIBRAY env variable.

In a terminal I typed:

Code:

$OPENMODELICALIBRAY

expecting to see something like the root folder of the OpenModelica installation but it returns nothing.

Setting this variable like I'd do with 'Path' does not work:

Code:

$OPENMODELICALIBRAY = $OPENMODELICALIBRAY:~/Modelica/Libraries

How do I set the env variables?

Jan-23-20 07:04:50
The OMEdit/Options Libraries dialog tab display the Modelica library, which is...

Of course I can look-up which library has been loaded, but wouldn't it make sense to have a column to display the actually loaded library?

Also I wonder what is the syntax of the version number? - Is it 3.2.3?
At least this didn't work, maybe for other reasons.

I'd like to have a drop down instead of an edit field.

Also it would be very helpful if the add was not limited to libraries in the Modelica path. In fact I had expected that add allows me to add my own library path.

All libraries stored under the MODELICAPATH are found automatically.

In Dymola one can easily add its own search paths. Is there a similar way for OMC to extend the search path?

What do you mean by

USER wrote:

opening a file from a library

If you want to load a custom library in OMEdit you'd typically use the File/Load Library command from the menu bar. This will allow you to brwose to the destination of your custom library to open the contained package.mo file or if the library is stored in one file, then open the <lib_name>.mo file. This way the working directory is not changed by the library will show up in the class browser in OMEdit.

Aug-24-18 00:54:51
After sucessful autoconf does make lead to the below error message
Category: Developer

[100%] Built target libzmq
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/OMCompiler/3rdParty/libzmq/build'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/OMCompiler/3rdParty/libzmq/build/CMakeFiles 0
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/OMCompiler/3rdParty/libzmq/build'
test ! `uname` = Darwin || install_name_tool -id @rpath/libzmq.so 3rdParty/libzmq/build/lib/libzmq.so
# copy dll/so to lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc and /home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/build/bin folders
(rm -f /home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/build/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc/libzmq.so*)
(rm -f /home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/build/bin/libzmq.so*)
(cp -af 3rdParty/libzmq/build/lib/libzmq.so* /home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/build/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc)
# Darwin has to be special always; libzmq*.dylib while Linux is libzmq.so* ...
(test ! `uname` = Darwin || cp -af 3rdParty/libzmq/build/lib/lib*.dylib /home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/build/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/omc)
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/OMCompiler'
Makefile:95: recipe for target 'omc-bootstrapped' failed
make[1]: *** [omc-bootstrapped] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/reynolds/Modelica/OpenModelica/OMCompiler'
Makefile:7: recipe for target 'omc' failed
make: *** [omc] Error 2

• Index
  • » Users
  • » oliver.lenord
You are here: