Archived OpenModelica forums. Posting is disabled.

Alternative forums include GitHub discussions or StackOverflow (make sure to read the Stack Overflow rules; you need to have well-formed questions)

Forgot password? | Forgot username? | Register

1.9.0 Beta (r12739) can't simulate the multibody 3D robot example

1.9.0 Beta (r12739) can't simulate the multibody 3D robot example

I just installed 1.9.0 beta and opened the \Mechanics\MultiBody\Systems\RobotR3 example and then selected Simulate from the Simulate menu. On the first attempt the compile never completed (ran for a few hours). After shutting down and restarting it did compile but then the simulation never completed (ran for about an hour).

I'm on a 64-bit Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 machine with 8GB RAM and an i7-2760QM CPU.

Re: 1.9.0 Beta (r12739) can't simulate the multibody 3D robot example

Hi,

Use the latest nightly build:
https://build.openmodelica.org/omc/buil … ly-builds/

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hi Adrian.

FYI: I just uninstalled r12739 and installed today's r13381. It compiles on first try but the simulation has now run for well over 60 minutes with no sign of stopping... Seems like there is a problem.

Joe

Hi,

What version of the Modelica library are you using? The default 3.1 or 3.2.1?

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

I'm completely new to OM (and Modelica in general) so bear with me.

I'm using the OM Connection Editor. According to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> LIBRARIES I'm using the 'default' Modelica and default ModelicaReference. If I look under the COMPONENTS -> MODELICA -> USERSGUIDE -> RELEASENOTES, I see a 'version_3_1' and 'Version_3_1_BugFixes'. No version 3.2.1 though. If I wanted to switch to "Version_3_1_BugFixes" do I use this string in the TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> LIBRARIES dialog?

Joe

Hi,

No it should be OK. I thought this model was working, but it seems I was wrong.
I had a look in our testsuite and we don't seem to test for that particular model only for oneAxis:
https://test.openmodelica.org/hudson/jo … ies_msl31/
It seems to be a bug and there is an infinite loop. I'll add a bug report about it.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Hi,

I actually reported this bug a while back:
https://trac.openmodelica.org/OpenModelica/ticket/1664
Should be fixed in the next weeks.

Cheers,
Adrian Pop/

Thanks Adrian.

Hum... seems this bug has been around for a while (not just in the 1.9.0 branch).  I just downloaded the released 1.8.1 and it behaves the same. As Adrian mentioned, seems like this shipping example needs to be added to the automated test suite.

There are 0 guests and 0 other users also viewing this topic
You are here: